Review of my new 4025 4wd

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #11  
I'll be trollin' for quite awhile. :laughing: We still haven't bought a property where I could convince swmbo where I could use a tractor. For now, gotta play with the little jd d130 on 3/4 acre. :mad:

Thanks for reminding me.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #12  
I also bought a 4025 4wd back in august. I am very satisfied with mine. I have the 234 loader but haven't took it off yet. I agree with you on the hood. It is a poor design that they need to change. I had a little trouble with the keyswitch not allowing the glowplugs to come on, for some reason some times I have to turn the key a couple times for them to kick on. I had to tighten the bolts around the gearshift because I was leaking fluid around the gasket. Called my dealer on that one, he said when they are new they will back off some, anyhow no more problems there so far. The only other problem i've had is while mowing the grille gets full of dust, just have to stop and clean it off every so often. So far I am very happy with my Mahindra, with the machine and the value. Did you get a 5yr warranty on yours?

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd
Love2farm, I did get the 5 year warranty,

I had my first electrical issue yesterday (at 6.1 hours on the tractor) , the rear brake lights and brake indicator light on the dash stopped working. I'm not too concerned about brake lights, since it's never on the road, but I do like the light on the dash to remind me about the parking brake. I'll check the fuse today, I need to check some of the other dash lights, I'm not sure all of them are working

How fast is loader? Does it seem to match the advertised speeds?

I do have to say I was very impressed with the operation of the tractor yesterday, it was the first warn day in awhile and the ground was still frozen with a slimy layer muck on top. I went up and down hills that I would have never been able to do with my old mf165.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #15  
I do have to say I was very impressed with the operation of the tractor yesterday, it was the first warn day in awhile and the ground was still frozen with a slimy layer muck on top. I went up and down hills that I would have never been able to do with my old mf165.

Were you using the 4 wheel drive?

Murph, I was using both 2wd and 4wd, in 2wd the 4025 has noticeably better traction than the mf165 (both have loaders w/ loaded rear tires, the mf also has wheel weights, both have ag tires, mf165 = 80%, 4025 = 100%).

It was a tank in 4wd, no slipping, just go.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #17  
The loader does great. I use it to feed rolls of hay (6 to 700pd rolls) to our cattle. I can put a roll on the front and one on the rear and go in the muddiest of places. It gets really soft where we keep our cows. Haven't had no issues with the brake light so far. Please keep us posted on that. By the way I have about 47 hrs. on mine so far.

Last edited:
The Saga continues, I had another coolant leak; maybe the tractor needs to go back to dealer so they can go over it again.

I spent part of Sunday building a bracket that hangs off of the back of the ROPs that will hold my chainsaw, bar oil, gas chain, logging chains, etc. Well I got everything built and needed to cycle the 3 pt to make sure that the chain saw bar didn't come to close to the lift arms in the up position (I typically run a 28 bar on my saw).

Well I started the tractor; it was idling for maybe 5 or 10 minutes while I was putting stuff away in the garage. I walked over to the tractor and raised the hitch; everything went great with the clearances. I shut the tractor off, being very pleased at how smooth everything went (too smooth). AND then it happened: a bright green puddle underneath the motor.

I didn't even bother looking for the leak, just shut the lights off and went into the house. I'll look tonight for the leak, when I get home from work. Gives me something else to do when I trying to fix the brake lights!

I'll try and post some pics of the bracket, I wasn't able to find anything premade and don't like the idea of putting the saw in the loader bucket, I'm afraid that I will forget it's in their and use the loader.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #19  
I'll be trollin' for quite awhile. :laughing: We still haven't bought a property where I could convince swmbo where I could use a tractor. For now, gotta play with the little jd d130 on 3/4 acre. :mad:

Thanks for reminding me.

I wouldn't worry about trolling for a while. I started reading posts in 2004, joined in 2006, and had no need for a tractor until last year.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #20  
I wouldn't worry about trolling for a while. I started reading posts in 2004, joined in 2006, and had no need for a tractor until last year.

There should be a new definition of troll, pertaining to TBN. Troll, an invisible tractor attachment.