Review of my new 4025 4wd

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd
Dave,

Do you know why Mahindra went away from ml234 and went with the ml334?

I also have a feeling that I am going to be told my loader stand is correct for the 334 and I'll need to use blocks underneath the stand in order to get the loader off. Again, I suspect (my gut feeling) they are going to tell me the loader was designed to work with R4 tires not R1 tires, and R1s are taller, therefore the loader sits about 3" to taller.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #32  
Dave,

Do you know why Mahindra went away from ml234 and went with the ml334?

I also have a feeling that I am going to be told my loader stand is correct for the 334 and I'll need to use blocks underneath the stand in order to get the loader off. Again, I suspect (my gut feeling) they are going to tell me the loader was designed to work with R4 tires not R1 tires, and R1s are taller, therefore the loader sits about 3" to taller.

There is not a good date for that. It happened at different times at different plants, depending on inventory in hand, etc.

If the stand is wrong, Mahindra will surely make it right. You might measure your stand and see if any other ML234 owners can check it. I don't have any 234's on the lot to measure.

The 4025 uses a pretty tall R4 tire, I don't see that making enough difference to matter.

I need to make a correction to my review:

The coolant leak was not caused by the assembly plant in Northeast PA. I was incorrect in that statement and I apologize. (there was a coolant leak, just not caused by them).

Now for my dealer, I can not tell you how happy I am with TPC in Bloomsburg PA. They are hands down the best dealer for any product that I have ever dealt with. There is no doubt in my mind that they will see a lot more of my business.

The loader still isn't correct, but I know TPC will keep on Mahindra to get an answer. The loader stand is to short and the loader doesn't go as low as it should.

Last edited:
My final thoughts on the 4025 4wd.

I am very pleased with this tractor, there are some minor issues with the loader that still need to be worked out, but I'm OK with that, they'll get dealt with.

BUT the 4025 isn't for everyone. I however am the poster child for the 4025 and you may be too:

1. If you like functionality and simplicity over all else
2. If you still wish you could get 16" wheels on a 1 ton truck, seriously why do I need 20s
3. Honestly, I don't own an implement that use rear hydraulics and probably won't for a year or two. So why should I pay for a rear remote when I'm not going to use it (even if its standard, you're still paying for it)
4. If you're not hung up on paint (you know the guys that will only buy a certain brand and everything else is junk to them)
5. If you're the type of person that doesn't need your car to tell you when it is time to add air to the tires
6. If you don't need 14 speakers in your truck or 11 cup holders

I'm not suggesting luxury is bad, but if it is not important to you; then why pay for it. I sincerely hope that Mahindra continues to make this model for years to come and only make some minor tweaks here and there. (Call me if you need help Mahindra, I'm also pretty versed in SAP varient configuration) There is a market for these types of tractors. It's just a matter of indentifying and appealing to right niche market.

Last edited:
   / Review of my new 4025 4wd #35  
You certainly do have a very good dealer! I had the pleasure of meeting them all back in August. Great company and great people. I look forward to hearing the final resolution on this parking issue...

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #36  
My final thoughts on the 4025 4wd.

I am very pleased with this tractor, there are some minor issues with the loader that still need to be worked out, but I'm OK with that, they'll get dealt with.

BUT the 4025 isn't for everyone. I however am the poster child for the 4025 and you may be too:

1. If you like functionality and simplicity over all else
2. If you still wish you could get 16" wheels on a 1 ton truck, seriously why do I need 20s
3. Honestly, I don't own an implement that use rear hydraulics and probably won't for year or two. So why should I pay for a rear remote when I'm not going to use it (even if its standard, you're still paying for it)
4. If you're not hung up on paint (you know the guys that will on buy a certain brand and everything else is junk to them)
5. If you're the type of person that doesn't need your car to tell you when it is time to add air to the tires
6. If you don't need 14 speakers in your truck or 11 cup holders

I'm not suggesting luxury is bad, but if it is not important to you; then why pay for it. I sincerely hope that Mahindra continues to make this model for years to come and only make some minor tweaks here and there. (Call me if you need help Mahindra, I'm also pretty versed in SAP varient configuration) There is a market for these types of tractors. It's just a matter of indentifying and appealing to right niche market.

I love it. Well said. Big-strong-simple-tough tractor.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #37  
The coolant leak went away, I can't explain it. I had a puddle under the tractor Sunday after it ran for 10 minutes, and nothing when I ran it on Monday. At least with the first coolant leak I found a hose clamp that wasn't installed correctly.

Now for the brake lights and dash lights, I checked all of the fuses and nothing. So, now it will be the dealer痴 problem.

Still haven't heard back from Mahindra on the loader stand problem, but I'm starting to suspect the stand may actually be the right length and the problem may be the location of the loader. It looks like the loader physically sits to high on the tractor. The loader bucket cannot set flat on the ground. The loader arms bottom out before the bucket can sit flat (front and back of the bucket touching the ground at the same time). I have to tilt the bucket forward (dump) to get it to touch the ground. The dimensions in the manual shows the bucket able to sit flat 3" below graded. The manual gives some pretty good dimensions, I just need to spend a few minutes with a tape measure and verify my suspicions.

I am not knocking or bashing your dealer but:

"The loader arms bottom out before the bucket can sit flat (front and back of the bucket touching the ground at the same time). I have to tilt the bucket forward (dump) to get it to touch the ground. The dimensions in the manual shows the bucket able to sit flat 3" below graded. The manual gives some pretty good dimensions, I just need to spend a few minutes with a tape measure and verify my suspicions."

It does not sound like you have a functional loader; you have a hunk of metal attached to the front of your tractor. How are you going to dig, scoop or even back drag in the float position with a loader such as you have described. I personally think it is time to have a serious discussion with the dealer over the loader park stand issue and the fact the loader does not even touch the ground when lowered as far as it will go.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #38  
We bought our 4wd 4025 back in August and it is Freakin AWESOME!!! It has done everything and more than we have ever asked it. We are at around 67 hours now. I agree it is like a tank.

Sorry to hear bout your misfortune thou. I havent had any bad problems.

My brake lights and dash indicator do the same thing and then sometimes while just sitting there it starts workin again. I imagine it is probably bad connection or something, but I am not worried about it.

As far as the grill and bumper/brush guard being in the way to get to air filter my first thought when I read this is REALLY? You only clean or replace that every so often. It doesnt bother me one bit. Now if it was in the way of checking the oil or coolant then we would have a problem as I check these almost every time before I start it.

The fuel tank might have been able to be put in a different place, but this is why I built my Fuel Transfer Tank and bought a Mr. Funnel. Problem solved.

I have the AG tires also for more than one reason and glad I have them. I had my rears filled. The industrial tires are wider than the bucket and you will always leave tracks. The Ags I believe have more traction and make it look like a tractor. I also think the Ags go with its old school look. I think the others look cool, but Function over Looks.

Anyways it is for sure Function over Looks!.........Wait a minute it really looks good also. Check out our website or threads to see some of the things we have done with it.

"As far as the grill and bumper/brush guard being in the way to get to air filter my first thought when I read this is REALLY? You only clean or replace that every so often. It doesnt bother me one bit. Now if it was in the way of checking the oil or coolant then we would have a problem as I check these almost every time before I start it. "

I have a spot that I brush mow that has some 4' tall weeds that seem to clog everything up on other tractors (I have no idea what type of plant they are). I haven't cut with the 4025 yet, but I bet I'll need to blow out the grill, radiator and air cleaner. That is why it is a concern too me. The grill guard is still in the way of opening the hood, and as my dealer found out, you'll need to buy a new hood if you forget to relatch the grille guard and lift the loader.

I agrea that all of my problems have been minor.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #40  
I'm a dealer and really like the 4025, but I do agree the air filter could be handier. Perhaps in wetter climates it does not need to be checked often, but in dry dusty areas like we are in the summer, if a guy is discing or tilling he may need to clean the air filter daily or more often. It is in that sort of usage that the filter access is a pain.