Review of my new 4025 4wd

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #1  

jwm171

Tractor
Massey Ferguson/ MF165 Mahindra 4025 4wd
So I bought a new Mahindra 4025 4wd after looking around at used tractors, and being very disappointed with the used market. I looked at new Kioti, Kubota, and New Holland. They all have very nice tractors but when it came to my needs, the Mahindra 4025 4wd appeared to be my best option. I知 primarily using the tractor to skid wood, light loader work around the house, brush mowing and other miscellaneous task.

Lets start with the good (for me)-
Very very simple design, nothing complicated
Very heavy tractor compared to all of the other brands
I find it comfortable and well laid out

What annoys me,
The front grill has to be removed to access the air cleaner, which means that you have to take pins out of the grille guard in order to move the grille guard out of the way and then take the wing nuts off that hold the grille on, in order to access the air cleaner (dumb design). They could have had the entire hood lift the opposite direction
The fit and finish is not even close to one of the big 3, (not a huge deal, it is a farm tractor) but I shouldn't see grinding marks on the loader that they just painted over, and high and low spots in the paint. Honestly it looks like a mediocre automotive repaint
The fuel tank, why does it need to be on top, very hard to fill without making a mess
Rear tires a very skinny (I have ag tires on mine, the R4s look right ) I think they should be wider
The manuals, they look like a 10 year old put them together, grammatical errors, goofy pictures, and not very complete
The tractor is pretty noisy, I always where hearing protection, but could be a real concern for someone that doesn't where hearing protection and wants to be able to hear later in life

The bad
The Mahindra assembly plant in Northeast PA didn't bother to grease all of the zerk fittings on the loader, I found 4 fittings on loader without any grease
They didn't install the radiator hose on the thermostat housings correctly. Ask me how I know, it made a huge mess on my brand new concrete floor
I got a 334 loader, apparently Mahindra did away with the 234 loader, the 234 loader has kickstand style loader supports, the 334 has a DUMB center post that is not even designed correctly, it is 3 to short to get the loader off, you have put something underneath it to get the loader off the tractor. It took the dealer 30 minutes to figure out how to get the loader off. (he was pretty embarrassed) They assured me that they would get the correct piece for me, It's been several weeks and still haven't heard from Mahindra about getting the correct post.

My final thoughts, overall I am happy with the tractor. I recommend calling around for the best price. I emailed 4 dealers (only 2 of them responded back) and there was a $3000 difference in price between them. The fit and finish is not even close to a Kubota, but neither is the price. I found 2 glaring mistakes by the assembly plant, so I have no confidence in there work, which means I have to spend several hours this weekend going over there work. That really annoys me.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd
I hope doesn't sound like a bashing, I am really happy with the tractor, I just wanted to give a very honest review

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #3  
How long have you had it?

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd
Murph, I've had it a couple of weeks.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #5  
Mahindra's taint purty but they will do the work for much less than name brand. Give us a review when you put some time on the clock.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #6  
Or...feel free to post as you wish on your thread. :laughing: It's always interesting reading.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #7  
JWM, I too have found some items that were/are not quite perfect, but I will say that I would buy another and am very happy with my 5530. I look at the issues as just something to occupy my time when at the property :).

I for one appreciate anyone that can give an honest and straight forward review, thank you.

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #8  
Or...feel free to post as you wish on your thread. :laughing: It's always interesting reading.

JF Stick it I meant to do another review when he puts some time on it cause I really would like to know. Don't need you to stir the pot for me.:D

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #9  
Always here to help.
f828bcec.gif

/ Review of my new 4025 4wd #10