Tractor
    Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140

Default Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst

I'm debating between the max 25 hst and the max 28 hst. I would be adding a loader an belly mower to which ever one I decide to go with, it will mainly take the place of my dixie chopper zero turn that's on it's last leg. It will mainly cut grass but with the loader an 3 point hitch it will be alot more versatile than the chopper when not cutting the yard. Does anyone recommend one over the other? I like the ground clearance of the 28 for loader work and discing. Does anyone know how the belly mower does cutting, is it a descent cut or rough looking? Has anyone had any major problems with the tractors, I've always been a deere man but there newer model tractors are all plastic there shouldn't be any plastic on a tractor in my opinion. Any advice on this tractors would but greatly appreciated.
    HFM LLC
    251-331-4475
    lifescapes-forestry-mulching.com

Default Re: Max 25 Hst/Max 28 Hst

I think either one will be a great choice... I favor one only because my company builds the loader for it here in the US.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) L39(2005) Kubota RTV 900 (2005), Komatsu PC75UU2E(1997), Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle (2013)

Max 28 is a small yet strong CUT suitable for small farms and fields with te larger tires and capacities. Max 25 is a sort of large SCUT, and will be nice yard machine where low CG and tight turns are required over relatively smooth ground.
    Ground engagement go with larger machine. General work either will do

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

The Max25 is a little lighter and comes standard with the mid-PTO, so arguably a little better mowing tractor and less money. The Max28 has tilt wheel and a little more room in the operators area and the loader lifts more, so a little better in theory for loader work.

I'd sit on both and drive them both and see if either of them feel better to you.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Cat 299D XHP, Cat 297c, Rayco C140

Thanks y'all
    HFM LLC
    251-331-4475
    lifescapes-forestry-mulching.com

Gold Member

I have a CD owners manual if you would like me to send it your way that the dealer was kind enough to send me.

Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

What model do you have the cd for?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by cat 297c
    I'm debating between the max 25 hst and the max 28 hst. I would be adding a loader an belly mower to which ever one I decide to go with, it will mainly take the place of my dixie chopper zero turn that's on it's last leg. It will mainly cut grass but with the loader an 3 point hitch it will be alot more versatile than the chopper when not cutting the yard. Does anyone recommend one over the other? I like the ground clearance of the 28 for loader work and discing. Does anyone know how the belly mower does cutting, is it a descent cut or rough looking? Has anyone had any major problems with the tractors, I've always been a deere man but there newer model tractors are all plastic there shouldn't be any plastic on a tractor in my opinion. Any advice on this tractors would but greatly appreciated.
    Do a search on YouTube, for max 28 and max 25 and you will SEE what these amazing machines can do. There is a video of the max 28 with bellymower cutting grass, too.

My property would dictate the use of something smaller than the max 25, but my projects would like something larger than the max28. I opted for the max 28 due to much ground engagement projects, and heavy lifting requirements. I went with a rear finish mower, and have found the setup very maneuverable, even in the many tight places I have to mow. I also got the heavy duty pallet forks that mount front or rear, and they do amazing work, too.

I also liked the roomier operator area and higher ground clearance. Mahindra also has a wider stance than competitors, and any slope has reminded me of that advantage, as well.

Happy choosing. No wrong choice between them.

Both machines are amazing, IMO.
    http://www.ohr.edu/838
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BfhxL_JTI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8UEVoSJmfs

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t