/ 4010 #1  

LarryDM

Tractor
Kioti DK40SE
Had been thinking about a 3616 HST, but after comparing physically, I think I'm going to go with a 4010 HST instead - better pedal layout for my taste and a little stouter overall, especially in the 3 pt area.
Just beginning to get prices, and the first one quoted was msrp minus incentives. Realistically how far can I expect to go below that - 5% or more (or less)? Would be a cash sale.
Thanks.

/ 4010 #2  
When I bought my 4035, it had been on the dealers lot for at least 18 months. New, just never sold. I was offered a cash price that was lower than the MSRP, as well as a couple of slightly higher prices if I took the discounted financing. He just wanted to get it off his lot.

It's my impression, however, that if you are talking a tractor that hasn't been on his lot for too long, the MSRP is going to be the cash price.

/ 4010 #3  
What I saw the most of when shopping was a tractor + loader for about the MSRP of the tractor only. I actually got my 4010 Gear + loader for about $1300 less than tractor only MSRP, but that was only because it was the last one on his lot. He said the price was his invoice price for the new ones for his next order, and I think I believe it. That was finance price too, although I'm not sure what Mahindra's incentives are right now.

If you go with the 4010, let me know how you like it. For nearly the same price as the 3616, you get a heavier tractor that feels much stouter, but is also still very maneuverable. I ruled out the 3616 because of this and was debating 3016 or 4010, but I'm glad I went 4010. Layout and operation is very nice and it feels much more like a "tractor" than a 30/3616.. The 3616 is a Mitsubishi tractor + engine, which is good. The 4010 is TYM tractor + Daedong(Kioti) engine, which are both Korean. From my research it appears TYM offers a few more standard options than many manufacturers without necessarily a lot of bells and whistles (it is a tractor after all). The Daedong engine is strong and very quiet - at 2600 rpm I can hear my mower blades whirling, and I don't have ringing ears when I get off the tractor. The 4010 also has a suspension seat, which actually does make quite a difference in comfort. Either way you can't beat the 5-year warranty.

/ 4010
The dealer set a cash price of about $22k for a 4010HST with loader. Seemed a bit high to me. He offered $8300 separately for my 3525 w' loader that has only 290 hours on it.
Right now I think I'll probably wait until fall and sell the 3525 myself and shop around more until next spring as I don't need a tractor over the winter yet. Will probably also start considering an LS 4041H.

/ 4010 #5  
The dealer set a cash price of about $22k for a 4010HST with loader. Seemed a bit high to me. He offered $8300 separately for my 3525 w' loader that has only 290 hours on it.
Right now I think I'll probably wait until fall and sell the 3525 myself and shop around more until next spring as I don't need a tractor over the winter yet. Will probably also start considering an LS 4041H.

I got a price of $21805 for a cash deal this past week. That even included a set of rear remotes.

/ 4010 #6  
Shopped this past fall and the 4010 was $22K otd with fel and loaded tires.

/ 4010 #7  
If I remember, the HST is about a $1000-1500 premium above the Gear version. So $22k seems a little high to me, although maybe not too much. I know it varies by region and dealer, but I would consider $19-20k for a 4010G good, and $20-21k for a 4010HST pretty good. However, my dealer did tell me the price of the 4010's has gone up considerable since last year as they are starting to gain popularity. So six months ago I would say $1k or so less than the prices I mentioned.

It also depends on when your dealer purchased it. Once the dealers start bringing in 2014 models, I would expect $22-23k for a HST to be about as good as you might get.

/ 4010 #8  
If I remember, the HST is about a $1000-1500 premium above the Gear version. So $22k seems a little high to me, although maybe not too much. I know it varies by region and dealer, but I would consider $19-20k for a 4010G good, and $20-21k for a 4010HST pretty good. However, my dealer did tell me the price of the 4010's has gone up considerable since last year as they are starting to gain popularity. So six months ago I would say $1k or so less than the prices I mentioned.

It also depends on when your dealer purchased it. Once the dealers start bringing in 2014 models, I would expect $22-23k for a HST to be about as good as you might get.

I just got a quote for $21816.00 with 60 month financing with loaded tires.