3016HST price check

/ 3016HST price check #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
I found a 3016HST w/ industrial tires and skid steer QA front bucket at a somewhat local dealer. It's Bearcat Tractor in Harrisburg, PA. Salesman tells me over the phone he has sold Mahindras for 8 years, and will continue to stock parts, service them, order new tractors, but not stock machines. He told me the profit is not there, and he hardly gets any parts or repair work. It's a subsidiary of Penn Diesel, so it seems they make money doing that. Anyway, he has three tractors left in stock, and one happens to be the 3016HST with SSQA loader. He told me $16,400 is what has into it and he would let it go for that. I am certain he would be making some money, which is fine. My question becomes, what have others seen for cash pricing on the same tractor? I just want to make sure if I decide to pull the trigger I would not be overpaying too much.

/ 3016HST price check #2  
Today I was quoted $17,236 on a 3016 Shuttle Shift with a 115 FEL (84 months, 3.99%). After looking around in this thread, I may have to ask a few other dealers for quotes.

/ 3016HST price check #3  
Not sure about the price... I was wondering what other two tractors he had on site?

/ 3016HST price check #4  
I received quotes from the other two dealers in the area for the 2013 3016 SST with the 115 loader. The quotes were $16,900 and $17,800. I would say jump on the HST at the price quoted.

/ 3016HST price check
Here is a pic of the quote from today. He told me something to the effect that the financing calculator would not let him put in 16,400, so he had to put in 17,400 and use an extra 1000 on top of my 1400 down shown as the down payment plus trade in. He also did not put in sales tax. It reads a bit confusing, and we discussed the cash price vs 0% price BS. It looks like the price is 16,400 if I finance at 0% for 60 months, and the price creeps up as the term extends.
I was impressed by the tractor, I ran it around for awhile and moved some gravel around. Very cool unit and I definitely have some things to think about. It is basically a stock 3016HST with a ML115 loader and skid steer quick attach bucket.

photo-10.JPG

/ 3016HST price check
Oh and he had a 4010, I believe HST with a loader, and a 22 HP model, which he has on craigslist: MAHINDRA 22HP W/LOADER

He is getting out of stocking tractors but will remain a dealer able to order new tractors, will continue to carry parts and do normal and warranty service. I liked the guy, he owns Penn Diesel, seemed like a no bs straight forward guy.

/ 3016HST price check #7  
Oh and he had a 4010, I believe HST with a loader, and a 22 HP model, which he has on craigslist: MAHINDRA 22HP W/LOADER

He is getting out of stocking tractors but will remain a dealer able to order new tractors, will continue to carry parts and do normal and warranty service. I liked the guy, he owns Penn Diesel, seemed like a no bs straight forward guy.

Mahindra is not very interesting in non-stocking dealers, so do not place much value on him saying he will remain as a parts and service dealer. I am not familiar with the dealer or your area, but Mahindra is setting the bar higher for dealers, not lower. Inventory requirements are rising and what he is saying just does not fit the model of where we are going. Just my $0.02 worth.

/ 3016HST price check
Thanks for the heads up. I may at least contact Wallace Tractor and compare. Bit of a hike for me though...

/ 3016HST price check #9  
There is Sipe Mower in Carlise... Tom is GREAT to work with. He's about 2 hours from me, and that is where I bought my 5530. I had one minor issue (adjustment of the shuttle lever) right after he delivered it, so he came back and took care of it for me. Great service.

/ 3016HST price check #10  
I could buy a 3016 for 16,900 that included tax and loaded tires. If I wanted the larger industrials that come on the 3616, that was $200 more.