3016HST, what options to add?

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #1  

cstamm81

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Mahindra 3016HST, Kubota F2880
I may be purchasing a 3016HST with ML115 loader and a skid steer QA bucket. I am curious what options exist for it, besides cab / canopy and attachments like mowers, backhoe, etc. Dealer told me the rear remote is around $600, and it includes a control handle? He wasn't really sure what that meant off the top of his head. It does not appear they offer loader third function options, or a second rear remote. Besides potentially getting the rear tires filled, is there anything else that can / should be added to this before purchasing? Float control for three point hitch?

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #2  
I may be purchasing a 3016HST with ML115 loader and a skid steer QA bucket. I am curious what options exist for it, besides cab / canopy and attachments like mowers, backhoe, etc. Dealer told me the rear remote is around $600, and it includes a control handle? He wasn't really sure what that meant off the top of his head. It does not appear they offer loader third function options, or a second rear remote. Besides potentially getting the rear tires filled, is there anything else that can / should be added to this before purchasing? Float control for three point hitch?

3 point always floats, tool box would be neat

/ 3016HST, what options to add?
Showing my inexperience, if 3 point always floats how do you force ground engaging implements to stay down? Say when pulling a box blade or potato plow. Is down pressure at the 3 point not normal?

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #4  
That's why it's important to go with as heavy a 3pt ground engaging attachment like boxblades etc.that your tractor will handle. Weight is your only down force. Loading your tires also will help get more tractor power to the ground. I also added the rear remote valve last year. Works well.

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #5  
The 3PH doesn't have any down pressure. The weight of the implement, or the contour of the ground engaging elements like a subsoiler or plow keep it down.

This float is very helpful in grading type operations, although at times i wish there was some down pressure available. Thats where the FEL has an advantage in some operations, you can push down hard enough with it to put the front wheels in the air.

The float in the 3PH allows things like snowblowers and rear blades to just scrape along the top of the driveway without digging into the blacktop.

Thanks for the explanation guys, I appreciate it. My old Power King garden tractor can lift the back wheels with an implement, so it has down pressure and I assumed all tractors did.

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #7  
I highly recommend you attach a fire extinguisher, and a sun shade.

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #8  
If you will be doing much grading, then get the single rear remote. $600 is more than a fair price for it. It is easy enough to add to that if needed. I have 4 on my 3215. ;)

Attachments

• P1020048.JPG
    P1020048.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 284
Lots of options with 4 sets! Did you just use electric solenoids to control flow from the one main remote? Is your single remote factory from Mahindra?

/ 3016HST, what options to add? #10  
Lots of options with 4 sets! Did you just use electric solenoids to control flow from the one main remote? Is your single remote factory from Mahindra?

Yes, I have the single OEM rear remote and needed 4 sets, so I have a bank of 3 electric diverters. :cool: 2 for my "TnT" and 2 for the angle and offset for my landscape rake. I hope to have a nice rear blade for it one of these days also and that will require the use of 2 remotes. ;)

Attachments

• P1020290.jpg
    P1020290.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    646.5 KB · Views: 239
  • P1020036.jpg
    P1020036.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 269