Dealer I thought I was buying a tractor!

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #11  
I talked with a salesman there, I am sure he was selling ladies underwear or washing machines the week before. When he wasn't out and out lying, he was BSing.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #12  
I talked with a salesman there, I am sure he was selling ladies underwear or washing machines the week before. When he wasn't out and out lying, he was BSing.

I've sold ladies underwear, but never tractors, or washing machines; although, I know I could probably sell anything to anyone if they had an interest.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #13  
any news?

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #15  
AchingBack,

My point in mentioning the treatment I received at that dealer was to point out that rather than going and verifying the answer to my the questions I ask the salesman, he chose to either out and out lie to me and when he wasn't doing that, he was trying to BS me.

For me to ask a question he does not know the answer to is understandable. He should look it up, talk with someone who knows or whatever it takes to truthfully answer my questions about the product he is representing. He chose to pull answers out of the air and in a few points, he out and out lied to me.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #16  
AchingBack,

My point in mentioning the treatment I received at that dealer was to point out that rather than going and verifying the answer to my the questions I ask the salesman, he chose to either out and out lie to me and when he wasn't doing that, he was trying to BS me.

For me to ask a question he does not know the answer to is understandable. He should look it up, talk with someone who knows or whatever it takes to truthfully answer my questions about the product he is representing. He chose to pull answers out of the air and in a few points, he out and out lied to me.
There are salesmen, and there are order takers. A real salesman has the interests of the customer in mind. He will find out what the customer needs, and help him make the correct buying decision; provided the company the salesman represents has a product the customer really needs. It is sad how many customers seem to know more about the product than the salesman does. If my questions can't be answered, or if I don't get that peaceful easy feeling - time to move on.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #18  
deffinately do post back when you hear something

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #19  
Not following up and updating the status is almost as bad as what the dealer did... wonder what happened?

I had a salesman that was fond of BS when we had a shop built. The last time I had enough and called the owner and scheduled a meeting onsite. The owner called before the meeting and indicated we needed to change the time as the salesman would not be available. I said, no, we are still having the meeting and that the salesman was the problem. We had our meeting without the salesman's BS and got things resolved.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #20  
many times a user comes here looking for info.. and then later on simply forgets to come back and update us.