Dealer I thought I was buying a tractor!

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #1  

phillg

Tractor
Mahindra
I thought I bought a Max 25 with a belly mower. I was approved for the financing With the payment I wanted on Monday. On Tuesday, I brought in a check for $9999.00. I was to pick up the tractor on Thursday when my wife and I signed papers. On Thursday, we signed the loan papers. The original plan was to take a deck off of another mower and add it to a Max25 that was a plain Jane. When financing I was told the dealership had multiple meetings about my tractor that day and they decided I was going to get an entire new unit. I asked if the new units serial number was the one on the loan paperwork. I was told yes. I was also told that I would be able to pick up the tractor on Mon or Tues, Wed at the absolute latest. When I got home I looked at the serial number from the paperwork on Tues and Thurs and the serial numbers were the same. Wednesday came I called the dealer, my salesman was off and I was told it was not ready. Thursday morning my salesman called and said the deck was not in and it was on its way, he would call me later. They were open until 9pm, I called at 4:30 and was told my salesman was busy, so I left a message for him to call. He did not. Friday I called at lunch. He was busy, I left another message. About 2pm I called the service manager and asked if the deck came in. He did not know, took my number and said he would call back in a few. Having heard nothing I called and asked for a sales manager. The person who answered said a manager was not available, I asked who I was speaking with and it was my missing salesman. I asked what was up, he did not know and said he would call me back at 4:30. I never heard from anybody. I do not trust this dealership. I no longer wish to do business with them. Am I trapped? There is another Mahindra dealership nearby.

I contacted Mahindra USA. The person, Brenda, who handles these issues was out for the day. I will get back with her on Monday.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #2  
While there seems to be a lack of good communication, sometimes things get messed up. I can't really tell exactly what is going on from your post, but there seems to be shipping involved as well as maybe swapping out parts. If they said Mon, Tues, or Wed. at the latest, it seems they knew there might be some delay. There might be some set up, or there might even be some dealer financing issues...they have to wait for your check to clear before they can deliver. Or they have to make a payment to get the title so they can give you a title. Who knows. I'd probably not bail on them if you can get some explanation...the lack of communication is the problem...if you knew what the holdup was you might not be happy, but you wouldn't be so anxious.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #4  
well if I was you I would cancel that check immediately and pack your bags. If you think that things are bad now, how do you think things will be when you have issue once you have the tractor. **** with that

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #5  
Is this the dealer on U.S.-21 and U.S.-30 intersection, South side of Massilon?

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #6  
I would just grab all of your paperwork and go in and talk to the dealer in person, rather than over the phone.

Is the tractor on their lot? If so, they should be able to show you the actual hunk of iron with all the numbers on it.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #7  
Most states have a 3 day window for cancellation of sales after signing the paperwork. You may be too late now although you could still back out of the deal by stopping payment on your check and advising the dealer of your intent since you haven't received the merchandise yet. This might cause you future problems with Mahindra financing if you do. Best bet is to go in in person and make someone give you the lowdown. Failure to return phone calls or give you an answer to your question is bad business practice and doesn't foster a good relationship for future business.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #8  
Go to the dealer after hours, take your paperwork and check the serial numbers, on there inventory, and see if your tractor is there.
Then on monday go in and talk to the owner.

Dave

/ I thought I was buying a tractor! #9  
Welcome from Ohio. I would not do business with this shady place.

/ I thought I was buying a tractor!
Is this the dealer on U.S.-21 and U.S.-30 intersection, South side of Massilon?

Yep.

I did get a call from the salesman today. He said he personally called the distribution center an they just shipped the deck on Friday. He said it would be ready Monday or Tuesday.

For service and attachments, I will definitely be looking at the other dealer in town.