Buying Advice 4010 HST concern

/ 4010 HST concern #1  

nagdragger

Tractor
none
:(
Dealer called today to say they got in the 4010 I am interested in buying. Drove down to take a look and test drive. Really like the looks of it and the lay out of the cockpit fit me well. Drove it around working all the levers and was happy. While trying each range I found a concern and am looking for feedback. When in high range and the tach at 2000 RPM I noticed when I start to feather the forward pedal I feel through the pedal and to some extend the tractor a chattering. The salesman also felt it and is going to check into it but has anyone else experienced this issue. I am really close on pulling the trigger but this has me concerned.

/ 4010 HST concern #2  
:(
Dealer called today to say they got in the 4010 I am interested in buying. Drove down to take a look and test drive. Really like the looks of it and the lay out of the cockpit fit me well. Drove it around working all the levers and was happy. While trying each range I found a concern and am looking for feedback. When in high range and the tach at 2000 RPM I noticed when I start to feather the forward pedal I feel through the pedal and to some extend the tractor a chattering. The salesman also felt it and is going to check into it but has anyone else experienced this issue. I am really close on pulling the trigger but this has me concerned.

may have had not enough fluid in it. I tested one this fall and had no chattering. Any hydraulic stuttering I've experienced was either insufficient fluid or a filter clog someplace.

/ 4010 HST concern
may have had not enough fluid in it. I tested one this fall and had no chattering. Any hydraulic stuttering I've experienced was either insufficient fluid or a filter clog someplace.

The dealer still has not figured out the issue. It is growing season here and their shop is really busy. I have talked with the dealer and they are thinking, not confirmed, that some solonoids are switched. I am getting a bit concerned with Mahindra at this point. That tractor in my opinion should have never been shipped to the dealer. Not only did it have the HST issue but the FEL has significant fading AKA pinkish on half of it. They have said after some talking with Mahindra that they will knock off $750.00. Meanwhile I went down to Kabota and drove a fresh out of the crate a L3800, very nice. I still am not thrilled with the "feather touch" pedal set up thou. The side by side pedal set up on the Mahindra is more comfortable to me. Soooo I am waiting for a call from the Mahindra dealer with a dispo on what is going on with the HST then I am pulling the trigger on one or the other.

/ 4010 HST concern #4  
I had that on a new 4010HST the other day, but after about 5-10 minutes of using it the chatter went away and never came back. I was thinking it may have had some air somewhere in the HST system and that air got into the fluid making it slightly aerated which would cause this sort of chatter. The next day and ever since it has been fine.

In the Mahindra line, there are several different HST units depending on the model. They all feel a little different, and you will notice the difference the most when you barely move the pedal in high range, like trying to barely creep in high range. Incidentally, you do not feel that much in normal use because if you want to go real slow, you pick a lower range. I always tell people to pick the lowest range that is fast enough.

/ 4010 HST concern
Thanks Dave, I am really leaning towards the 4010, but am really interested to hear what the dealer comes up with.

/ 4010 HST concern #6  
Thanks Dave, I am really leaning towards the 4010, but am really interested to hear what the dealer comes up with.

Nagdragger - Did you pull the trigger on the 4010? If so, what was your out the door price and what all did you get as far as attachments? Sorry - not meaning to be rude but I am looking between JD's and Mahindra right now

/ 4010 HST concern #7  
Nagdragger - Did you pull the trigger on the 4010? If so, what was your out the door price and what all did you get as far as attachments? Sorry - not meaning to be rude but I am looking between JD's and Mahindra right now

Get a geared shuttle shift and don't worry about "chatter". The 4010 is one built like a brick tractor. It deserves to have all of its power no matter where the operating rpm's are that a geared tractor will provide.

/ 4010 HST concern #8  

Redblok,

My 2013 4010 HST (purchased November) was $21,652 cash.

/ 4010 HST concern #9  
Redblok,

My 2013 4010 HST (purchased November) was $21,652 cash.

Glad to hear that. I got a quote about 900 more because of the 3rd function switch I needed added to it. I ended up going for the 4035 PST, I sign the paperwork this week and take delivery in early january because they are getting a root rake grapple for me and that will take a couple of weeks.

/ 4010 HST concern #10  
Well now that I read this thread, guess I need to put the 4010 on my list.