Considering a Mahindra 5035

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #11  
JerryK, you need to sell those backhoe roller stands. Sweet!

Sure makes it easy to remove, store, then put the hoe back on in the spring. With the four swivel wheels, and 3/4 ton of backhoe on it... it has a mind of it's own sometimes on where it is going... and when it wants to stop.. Bad enough when it is empty... :)

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #12  
To say the 5035 is a brute is an understatement. Got my 5035HST back just before Christmas along with a 7' HD cutter and a 7' HD box blade.

I have 21 hours on it now, mostly snow moving, but I have put it to work with the cutter just to see how it does. Heh, in heavy, wet grass and field weeds, thorns small sapling stuff it never even blinked. Messed with the b ox blade some too. Set the ripper down to full depth, dropped the box and went to town. Pssssh, box blade? What box blade? Felt like I was out for a Sunday drive.

If you decide to go for one an thinking about the PST, I would recommend the HST as it ain't much more in cost. If you're doing a lot of FEL work that HST is the stuff. Quick, fluid direction changes without having to flip levers, leaves both hands free to steer and operate the bucket.

You can get turf tires if you are worried about messing up the ground. The dealer will recommend filling the tires to balance the FEL, but now you're getting up there in weight.

I got the R4 industrial tires, filled with beet juice. If the published weights for the tractor and implements I have are correct, I'm sitting right at 10,000lbs with the cutter on it.

I can't wait for it to warm up some and dry up a little, really looking forward to hogging the field.

Love, love, LOVE my 5035HST!!

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035
I appreciate all the replies. I haven't done anything yet. One of my 2 potential jobs went to another contractor, and I'm still waiting to hear on the bigger job in New Orleans.

I really want the 5035, but just can't justify it right now.

One concern I have is on the FEL. On the Mahindra, there is only one 'pivot point' where the hydraulic cylinders attach to the bucket attachment. On my New Holland, there are 2 'pivot points'

What's the difference? Should I even be concerned?

Last edited:
Well... I spoke to my connection in New Orleans and he said I'm the low bidder, but nothing is official yet. So......I may go ahead and get the 5035 anyway.

Decisions...Decisions....Decisions.

I went sit down with my dealer yesterday and asked him to sweeten the deal a little. He agreed to everything I asked for. But, I still haven't pulled the trigger.....

And I still haven't confirmed the big job in New Orleans either.......

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #16  
See, I would have had it home and waxed by now.... but that's just me... [ plus, you can get the kinks out of it/and the operator before you throw it into a big job... practice chaining it on your trailer, sleep out next to it in the barn, etc. ] :)

Apparently the big job in New Orleans isn't going to happen, because I haven't heard from my contact in a couple months.

However, I did go see my dealer again today, and my tractor was gone!!! It got transferred to another dealer.

So......I asked him to price me another one, but this time with the HST. It turns out this model has gone up about $2000, since I first started negotiating. The unit he had on the lot had been there about a year, and now he will have to get me one from the distributor in Houston.

And, HST is $750 more than PST, so I'm looking at $2750 more.

Oh well........Business is good this year, so I think I'm gonna go for it......

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #18  
I had them ship me a new one from Chatanooga assembly when I bought mine. I figured that I would rather have a brand spanking new one than one that someone might have played with at the dealer. So, in my feeble mind, getting one from Houston assembly would be a plus. [ just like the HST... ] :)

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #19  
Apparently the big job in New Orleans isn't going to happen, because I haven't heard from my contact in a couple months.

However, I did go see my dealer again today, and my tractor was gone!!! It got transferred to another dealer.

So......I asked him to price me another one, but this time with the HST. It turns out this model has gone up about $2000, since I first started negotiating. The unit he had on the lot had been there about a year, and now he will have to get me one from the distributor in Houston.

And, HST is $750 more than PST, so I'm looking at $2750 more.

Oh well........Business is good this year, so I think I'm gonna go for it......

Have you dealt with them a lot in the past? I was wondering how are they on working with you on repairs & deals.

Have you dealt with them a lot in the past? I was wondering how are they on working with you on repairs & deals.

Yes, I have bought 2 tractors from them, and several attachments. And, my wife worked there for about 6 years. So I have had good experiences with this dealer. However, they just started selling Mahindra about a year ago, but when I was there yesterday, they have about 25 Mahindra's on the lot compared to about 10 New Hollands.