Considering a Mahindra 5035

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #21  
Yes, I have bought 2 tractors from them, and several attachments. And, my wife worked there for about 6 years. So I have had good experiences with this dealer. However, they just started selling Mahindra about a year ago, but when I was there yesterday, they have about 25 Mahindra's on the lot compared to about 10 New Hollands.

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to get some feedback on how they were to deal with.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035
Bad news.....

While browsing Craigslist, I came across a Kubota L5740 with 459 hours on it. I began researching this tractor and it seems that it may be a better fit for me.

Several reasons it may fit better are:
Weight - the Kubota is about 1100 lbs lighter than the Mahindra, which I like better because I haul it around a lot

The Kubota still has the clutch pedal on the left side, and the brake pedals are on the right side. I just feel better having this because I think that in an emergency, I would instinctively try to hit the clutch pedal which could save a second or two in a tight situation.

Price - I can get the Kubota for about $8000 less than a new Mahindra.

Horsepower - the Kubota engine is rated at 57 hp, compared to the Mahindra at 49.

Overall size - The Kubota is not as wide or heavy as the Mahindra. This helps because I need to get in some tight spots on some jobs.

I haven't looked at the Kubota yet, but I plan to within the next few days. And, if I go with the Kubota, I might consider keeping my New Holland instead of trading it, and just have 2 tractors.

I'll keep y'all posted.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #23  
I don't see how find a cheaper tractor more suited to your needs is anything but a great deal. I hope it serves you well.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #24  
The L5740s are great tractors. The one you are considering is just getting broke in. It sounds like you very well might have found your next tractor, and to be able to keep your current tractor is a BIG plus in my mind. :cool:

I haven't seen the Kubota yet, but I texted the dealer last night.

There are 2 faults with this unit. The FEL is NOT a skid steer type attachment. And, the tractor does NOT have any remote valves in the rear.

I know that I can add the remotes, but I'm not sure what I can do about the FEL. I'm still going to go look at it and I'll research if there are any attachments that I can add to the FEL to convert it to 'skid steer' type.

Or, the dealer said he has several other tractors that do include these items. I'll look at those too, but I don't think any would fit my needs as good as the L5740.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #26  
All things to be considered when buying used. Even adding those items, still less $$$ and probably a better machine for your needs.

Good luck. ;)

Well.....it looks like the deal is done. He agreed to switch the front end of the FEL so that I could have a quick attach, and he came down on the price enough to cover adding a remote.

And, I'll keep my New Holland for a while until I decide if I want to sell it.

I'm scheduled to pick it up tomorrow.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #28  
:cool2: If you don't mind, would you post a picture or 2 with it next to the TC45?

After you decide to keep them both, you will realize that you need something in the 30-35HP range. Then you would have different sized machines for a lot of different jobs. ;)

:cool2: If you don't mind, would you post a picture or 2 with it next to the TC45?

After you decide to keep them both, you will realize that you need something in the 30-35HP range. Then you would have different sized machines for a lot of different jobs. ;)

I'll get some pics first chance I get, but it will probably be a week or so. I'm booked up until at least Thursday.

I picked it up and hauled it straight to my deer lease where I hooked it to a 8' rotary cutter. Everything worked well, but one of the front tires has a leak where there is a plug. And its a new tire! And after pushing lots of cut tress, and a few stumps, I busted a hydraulic line on the loader. Luckily I was done for the day.

I really like the HST. Especially for loader work. And you can use it so many different ways on this tractor. Cruise control, throttle & speed control with the foot pedal, or just speed control with the foot pedal. It's really neat.

I guess I should go start a thread in the Kubota forum now.....

Sorry for taking so long to post these pics as you requested. It stayed at the welder's shop for about a month getting the 3rd function, and the 2 rear remotes added. Then it went to the deer lease for a few days, and finally to work on paying job for a few days.

Now, all my FEL and 3 point attachments are interchangeable even though the Kubota is a CAT II and the New Holland is CAT I

IMG_2128.jpgIMG_2129.jpgIMG_2130.jpg