Considering a Mahindra 5035

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #1  

Complete Turf Care

Veteran Member
Tractor
2022 Kubota Grand L6060 (no loader), 2017 Kubota Grand L6060, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, 1997 Kubota M4700
I am considering purchasing a Mahindra 5035 PST.

I currently own a 2006 New Holland TC45A. I really like the New Holland, but I stopped by the dealer a few days ago to see what I could get on a trade for a new New Holland just like the one I own. Well, they don't make the same tractor any more. The Boomer 50 is the closest to the tractor I have, and the dealer said they are not built in the same country as my old one.

My dealer recommended I look at the Mahindra 5010. While walking the lot, I saw a 5035, and fell in love with it. The price is only about $750 more than a 5010.

Here are some of the things I like about the 5035 compared to my current TC45A

FEL lift capacity - About 3000 lbs vs. about 1800 lbs. I am a landscaper and my TC45A cannot lift a full pallet of sod or mulch
Hydraulic pump - 11 gpm vs. 8.2 gpm. I just purchased laser grading equipment and I like the higher gpm
wider tires - 19.5 vs. 16.4 on the rears. This should leave even less of a footprint on lawns when I'm landscaping.
turning radius - about 9.5 ft for both machines.
Most people on this forum seem to really like their Mahindra.

Here are my concerns
Heavier - about 7600 lbs vs. 5000 with water in the rears and the FEL. My trailer is rated at 14,000 lbs
Wider - 75" vs. 70" Not much, but it can make a difference in small yards. And my trailer is 83" wide, so not a big issue.

I would also like to get a new backhoe attachment with it. My current backhoe is about 50-60 years old, and leaks everywhere.

The finance rates are good.

I'm just a little hesitant to do the deal, because I really don't need it. My TC45A does everything I ask and does it well. It's got about 1300 hours on it, and I just wanted to see what kind of price I could get on a new machine. I should never have stopped at the dealer that day......

Any advise?

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #2  
I am considering purchasing a Mahindra 5035 PST.

I currently own a 2006 New Holland TC45A. I really like the New Holland, but I stopped by the dealer a few days ago to see what I could get on a trade for a new New Holland just like the one I own. Well, they don't make the same tractor any more. The Boomer 50 is the closest to the tractor I have, and the dealer said they are not built in the same country as my old one.

My dealer recommended I look at the Mahindra 5010. While walking the lot, I saw a 5035, and fell in love with it. The price is only about $750 more than a 5010.

Here are some of the things I like about the 5035 compared to my current TC45A

FEL lift capacity - About 3000 lbs vs. about 1800 lbs. I am a landscaper and my TC45A cannot lift a full pallet of sod or mulch
Hydraulic pump - 11 gpm vs. 8.2 gpm. I just purchased laser grading equipment and I like the higher gpm
wider tires - 19.5 vs. 16.4 on the rears. This should leave even less of a footprint on lawns when I'm landscaping.
turning radius - about 9.5 ft for both machines.
Most people on this forum seem to really like their Mahindra.

Here are my concerns
Heavier - about 7600 lbs vs. 5000 with water in the rears and the FEL. My trailer is rated at 14,000 lbs
Wider - 75" vs. 70" Not much, but it can make a difference in small yards. And my trailer is 83" wide, so not a big issue.

I would also like to get a new backhoe attachment with it. My current backhoe is about 50-60 years old, and leaks everywhere.

The finance rates are good.

I'm just a little hesitant to do the deal, because I really don't need it. My TC45A does everything I ask and does it well. It's got about 1300 hours on it, and I just wanted to see what kind of price I could get on a new machine. I should never have stopped at the dealer that day......

Any advise?

Advice? Never ever look at a 5035 Mahindra unless you plan on buying one. But it is too late for that! :thumbsup:

With a 14K trailer, you are good to go with the 5035, even with the 595 backhoe. You will be gaining a lot of capacity, and a 5 year warranty. Go for it.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #3  
I have a Mahindra 5035 HST with 35 hours after owning a 3215 HST. Short version LOVE IT. I really can't talk much about lift, trailer weight (never leaves the farm), but it is a work horse. I can move allot of dirt quick. Mowing is a breeze, I liked my 3215 but WOW very nice. Great drivers platform to work from. My dealer is outstanding and the only issue I had was a minor one that was fixed with in two days of a phone call. Get something that works for you but I would say go for it.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #4  
Advice? Never ever look at a 5035 Mahindra unless you plan on buying one. But it is too late for that! :thumbsup:

With a 14K trailer, you are good to go with the 5035, even with the 595 backhoe. You will be gaining a lot of capacity, and a 5 year warranty. Go for it.

Don't look at one and definitely don't drive one unless you plan on buying it. I really like mine

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035
Don't look at one and definitely don't drive one unless you plan on buying it. I really like mine

I see that yours is about 3 years old. How many hours on it, and what attachments do you run on it.

I have a backhoe, a 74" Bush Hog tiller, a 6' plow, a 6' Bush hog rotary cutter, a 6' box blade, and an 8' Landscraper blade for precision grading.

For the front, I have a forklift forks, and a bucket with a grapple attachment.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #6  
I've only got 165 hours on it so far. I have a standard bucket on the FEL and a 60 inch grapple. Have a 6 ft. rototiller, 6 ft rotary mower, chisel plow, 6 ft rollover box blade, 8 disc TW bog harrow and a drag harrow. Have my wish list for a few more as well!

Your list of attachments would work out fine on a 5035

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035
I'm waiting to hear on 2 laser grading jobs worth about $70,000. If I get those, I'll get the 5035

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #8  
I moved from a 2816 Shuttle to the 5035 HST. I do not miss the shifting between speeds when working on the property. The 5035 is a brute. It has a nice operator area with lots of comfort. Best of luck with your choice. I know I am.

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #9  
Are you sure you want one of these...?? They are a lot of tractor, bordering on ' utility tractor ' size and weight.... :)

/ Considering a Mahindra 5035 #10  
JerryK, you need to sell those backhoe roller stands. Sweet!