Buying Advice 4010 hst or 4035 hst

/ 4010 hst or 4035 hst #1  

tedhrs

Bronze Member
Which is the best bang for the buck?
How do either compare to kioti dk40se hst?

/ 4010 hst or 4035 hst
Here is where i stand.....
I was looking at buying the Kioti, but the mahindra has some great financing options now. I currently have all 5' implements but would love to move up in size to bigger rotary cutter and loader capacity. I'm just not sure i want to spend the $29500 on a 4035 financed at 0% for 84 months. I can get the 4010 for $10 more a month at the 2.99% for 72 months.

Some of the features on the 4035 are really just not needed for everyday general tractor work. I would be looking at saving myself $4500 if buying the 4010 but wanted others experience with both tractors.

/ 4010 hst or 4035 hst #3  
I don't know anything about the 4010, but the 4035 is heavy duty tractor.. I would think that the 4010 would be simular in weight/general build/tire size to that dk40se. You should spend some time looking at with seat time in each. Also, remember that buying a tractor is usually a long term thing. So don't short yourself with capability to do something more in the future. Anywhilst, my two cents.... :)

PS: also look at the rear ends/3pt setup on each tractor, the 35 series Mahindra is heavy built. Heck, even go to..
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/275636-l5740-wait-l6060-new-post.html and look at Kubota's new L6060 rear that is pictured in one of the posts. That is a simular build tractor frame wise with the 4010/dk40se...

/ 4010 hst or 4035 hst #4  
I started out considering both the 4010 and 4035 HST. Ended up going with the 4035 because it just gave me more tractor for just a little more money.

Specifically, the 4035 has 2 more HP (both engine and PTO), about 300 more pounds of lift capactity on the loader and 400 more pounds of lift capacity on the 3 point. The 4035 is also about 1600 pounds heavier than the 4010. I haven't driven a 4010, but I haven't gotten into any situations with my 4035 where I wish I had more weight on the back of the tractor when lifting, etc. And the 4035 comes standard with a rear remote. And telescopic lower links. (Didn't realize how nice that was until I tried to hook up my PHD!)

Maybe the 4010 would have been fine for me, but I really like the suspension seat on my 4035! And just this last weekend I found out how nice it was to have the forward-facing lights mounted up on the ROPS.

My thinking was this was quite possibly (probably) the one and only tractor that I was ever going to purchase. So I made sure that I didn't end up 6 months or a year from now wishing I had bought just a little bit more tractor.

/ 4010 hst or 4035 hst #5  
I don't think a tractor purchase should be based on "best bang for the buck" You can end up with an overkill or under kill machine based on this parameter. Also, all the manufacturers price points are starting to congeal more than ever and gone are the days where there was say a $3000 price difference for this size tractor. I would look at how I'm going to utilize the tractor such as what i need to lift, if I need maneuverability while giving up some weight or even if I need extra weight and which machine ergonomically fits me better and of course where I want to be financially speaking. All the tractors will do the job. Heck, even literally what color the tractor is can become just as valid a choosing point as anything else.
If you are looking at strictly best bang, you'd have to leave this group altogether and find an about to be extinct Bobcat (Kioti) someplace. Some of the deals I hear people are getting quite something.

Last edited:
   / 4010 hst or 4035 hst #6  
4010 is a nice tractor, especially for the price. If you are going to lift real heavy on a regular basis, get the tires filled. Otherwise it is still a compact tractor, but heavy duty for a compact.

I like the suspension seat too, as the 4010 has it! Makes a heck of a difference when you compare one without.

/ 4010 hst or 4035 hst #7  
Also, if it matters to you, the 4010 is a TYM tractor with a Daedong(Kioti) engine...both Korean. If you don't know anything about either company, they make good stuff and put more emphasis on strength, power, and capacity than bells and whistles.

I believe the 4035 is a full-out Mahindra tractor, which I would also not be afraid of. If you look at the company, all the products they sell in a compact market are much heavier-duty than typical competitors.