Just bought a 3510 Mahindra ..... tell me about yours and whats the going price ?

/ Just bought a 3510 Mahindra ..... tell me about yours and whats the going price ? #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
Well, I just bought a new Kubota L4600 HST last month and thought I had bought my last tractor for a long time until this afternoon.

Was looking thru the classifieds online for a disk for the Kubota and found a listing for a 3510 4x4 with loader and 5 ft rotary cutter about 4 miles from my house.... Add read runs operates good but need some minor work. $4500 obo
I have a couple of friends looking for tractors ,figured wth its only 5 minutes away and went and looked at it.

When I got there I found a 03 3510 that was weathered with that nice Mahindra pink hue to it...Side panels off of it but there, leaking QC on the loader. Both tail lights knocked out and the black plastic trim on the fenders needs replaced. The subframe for the loader has cracked and needs rewelded, and a rotary cutter that looks to be 20 years old but still quite functional.

I walked away the new owner of it for $2800 ..... I will pick it up tomorrow after work and give it a good steam cleaning and start going thru it and give it a good service.

For those with a 3510 is there anything problem specific I need to look for ? And what are these selling for used ? I will probably fix those items, give it a repaint and put it up for sale.

/ Just bought a 3510 Mahindra ..... tell me about yours and whats the going price ? #2  
Check the front ball joints and steering cylinder for damage. It may have been used like a Bobcat and heavy digging and turning hard with a loaded bucket will cause damage. Sometimes the PTO Solenoid will not engage if sitting too long- tap it with a hammer will get it going. If the clutch was not disengaged with the hook at clutch pedal was not used if sitting up, the clutch plates might stick.

I would think if it was fixed up and running good with a FEL and Mower it would be worth at least 6-9k if it looked OK.

Mine has less than 500 HRS, shed keep, no dents or dings, nothing done except service (with records)- Would not take 1 penny less than 12K. Cost 18K new (I guess it's not for sale!!)

DSC07699.jpg

/ Just bought a 3510 Mahindra ..... tell me about yours and whats the going price ?
everything was operating on it when I got it. Steer cylinder rod needs replated, its been dented and wont seal. I hadnt noticed that until i got to looking later but its only a $200 fix so no biggie.
I will weld the cracks up in the front frame and at the same time make a plate to drop the battery down into the frame so it wont block radiator airflow as it does now.
Ordering a new seat and replacing the broken trim pieces and going to try and compound out that pink paint. Im going to craigslist it @ $7500 and take offers from there.

/ Just bought a 3510 Mahindra ..... tell me about yours and whats the going price ? #4  
You stole that thing! In good shape $7500 will be a bargain for someone. That is a lot of tractor for the money.