Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In California and just pulled the trigger on a new 3016 and implements for our organic farm. Dealer had 3016 packages with shuttle shift and lower capacity loader (that you can't remove) for $14,995. We opted for the better ML115 loader with universal skid steer attachment and the shuttle. Negotiated all cash price was $16,700 which was 1k less than the next lowest bid from a competing dealer of the three we compared. If it wasn't mentioned on this thread already, be sure to check the loader model as the 3016 can be fitted with both types. Additional savings was realized was in paying 3% agricultural tax vs. 8.5% local sales tax for the tractor and the implements.

Regarding Kubota competitive pricing: we tried every which way to get our local and very highly regarded 'bota/NH dealer to match on comparable model but we were still about 2k more - even for the B2920. But ultimately it was the price, geared transmission, much better hydraulics, independent PTO and the heavier weight that led us to the 3016.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Default Re: 3016 HST with 0% for 72 price check

Quote Originally Posted by Le Reve Farm View Post
    In California and just pulled the trigger on a new 3016 and implements for our organic farm. Dealer had 3016 packages with shuttle shift and lower capacity loader (that you can't remove) for $14,995. We opted for the better ML115 loader with universal skid steer attachment and the shuttle. Negotiated all cash price was $16,700 which was 1k less than the next lowest bid from a competing dealer of the three we compared. If it wasn't mentioned on this thread already, be sure to check the loader model as the 3016 can be fitted with both types. Additional savings was realized was in paying 3% agricultural tax vs. 8.5% local sales tax for the tractor and the implements.

Regarding Kubota competitive pricing: we tried every which way to get our local and very highly regarded 'bota/NH dealer to match on comparable model but we were still about 2k more - even for the B2920. But ultimately it was the price, geared transmission, much better hydraulics, independent PTO and the heavier weight that led us to the 3016.
    Congratulations ....on the purchase of your new tractor. I gave my 3016 a good workout this weekend.

Thanks Kryton. The 3016 is going to be a big step up from the old Oliver Super 55 (for modern applications and efficiency). How is your 3016 holding up for your uses?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Le Reve Farm.....So far I have experienced no problems at all. I have the tractor at my cottage which has 20 acres of trees. So the majority of my work with the tractor so far has been wood related. I have purchased a grapple for it along with a 3 point hitch wood splitter. I have found the grapple to be a great addition....it grab and move such a large amount of brush that I would in the past have to move by hand. While I have tried the log splitter...this fall it will certainly get a good work out.

Wolftree- no offense but if I was on disability and older than dirt, I wouldn't be looking at a new tractor! I'd be looking on craigslist and tractorhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
    Dave,

As much as I would like to bring that 3016 home, without a larger down payment I cannot afford the monthlies just now. I am a right leg amputee and on disability, plus older than dirt. I am looking for a tractor to allow me to keep living on my rural property. So I will keep saving and doing the dirt work here by hand until I get there.

I built a tractor shed this spring to house it in when I find one. I was able to reuse material and only had $10 in the new shed.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    No longer Searching. Mahindra 3016 Shuttle

poolecw,

I am working every possibilty, the Avon Lady, boy scouts, neighbors. Finding a tractor is not really the problem. Finding the money to pay for it, whether new or used is the problem. If I could, I would get my dogs a paper delivery route.

My credit union will give me a lower interest rate on a new tractor than on a used tractor, so the monthlies are close to the same. So I will keep saving towards a down payment to lower the monthlies.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3616

Poolecw,
    I'll ask the dealer I bought from whom to contact at mahindra financing. I did not keep the name and number.
    You can find some super deals on tractors that people could not afford. It is not advertised but they are out there. The last one around here that sold when I bought my 3616 was a 2011 4010 with trailer, FEL, 5 ft rotary cutter, box blade & low hours. It sold for 13800.00, thur Mahindra. I would have loved that deal but I needed the compact size of the 3616.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123