Buying Advice Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower.

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower. #1  

rcdesantis

Tractor
John Deere 3720
Hi everybody! Im looking at a new 3616 Shuttle, I want a FEL and 72" mid mount mower. Is anyone running this or similar setup they'd be willing to share advice/experience?

Thanks,
Rick

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower. #2  
Something else to look into would be a Rear Finish Mower instead of the Mid Mount Mower. I was getting a quote on a 3016 last week and was also looking at getting a Mid Mount Mower. After talking with the dealer for a while he could save me over $1000 I believe it was by going with a Howse Rear Finish Mower instead. He showed me the difference in quality between the two also, and it changed my mind.

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower.
Thx Cletus, I'd really prefer a mid mount do to the amount of close up work, is the Mahindra MMM quality that bad?

Rick

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower. #4  
Well I wouldn't say it is bad. I don't have any actual experiance with using it. I could just see how much more beefier the Howse mower was compared to the one on the Mahindra. I think I read somewhere that the MMM was made by Kodiak. You'd have to confirm that to be sure, but I do have a 5 foot Kodiak Rotary Mower that I have no complaints with. It has done a pretty good job for me. My original thoughts for a MMM were for the same reasons as you. The price difference just changed my mind. I figured I could do whatever close up work I had with my little Craftsman mower.

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower. #5  
I hope your land is flat. I have a 60" mmm and love it, it doesn't like hills or grade changes. The only other issue with my Mahindra 60" is the guide wheels have bent easily and I don't like having to clean air intake vents on my tractor due to the amount of debris that goes out to the front of the mower.

Thx jhasafety1 that's good info. I've been looking locally (Memphis) but no dealers have a MMM I can inspect. Hopefully I can find one soon to look at.

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower. #7  
Thx jhasafety1 that's good info. I've been looking locally (Memphis) but no dealers have a MMM I can inspect. Hopefully I can find one soon to look at.

You might want to give the dealer in Batesville, MS a try. About 1/2 mile East of I-55. They usually keep a large stock of tractors and accessories. Call and see if they have one.

Thanks Fairfax, I stopped at Abby Farm Supply in Walnut today, Bobby did a dealer search of MS, the only thing with a MMM was a Max28 in Saltillo.

-Rick

/ Mahindra 3616 FEL and mid mount mower. #9  
Belly mowers have to be lighter duty by nature. It has to be buildt smaller to fit it under the tractor.

jha, how many times have your wheels bent? Other than that are you pleased with the performance of the deck?