Buying Advice 4035 vs1040 Mcormick

/ 4035 vs1040 Mcormick #1  

mnjohn

Tractor
IH 464
Trying to decide witch tractor to buy. Have a McCormick dealer just down the road from me and know a couple of the guys that work there that have said the McCormicks don't come into the shop to often. The Mahindra looks a little beefer. They both have good a bad. Just looking for some input. thanks.

/ 4035 vs1040 Mcormick #2  
Don't know much about the Mcormick tractor. But the 4035 and 5035 tractors are basicaly a utility size tractor, so it is hard to compare them with a lot of tractors from other manufactures that have mostly compact utility tractors in that horsepower range. If you are going to be trailering the tractor, these 35 series Mahindras usually weight one or two thousand pounds heavier than the other tractors in the horsepower range. So it is mainly like comparing apples to oranges... Enjoy looking, and take your time to make your decision... :)

PS: The Mahindra 10 series, like the 4010 or 5010 are probably simular to what you are looking at in the Mcormick. The 35 series are big heavy bastardo's.... that's why I have one. I got frustrated in my about 5100 pound JD 2240 sometimes trying to horse stuff around. So, the 5035 was a big step up in moving ability, but about a ten horsepower drop in motivation. 5035HST weights in over four tons with the FEL and backhoe on... Depends on what you are going to want to do... that's why you should spend lots of time looking.

Last edited: