Just got quoted on a 8560

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #31  
   / Just got quoted on a 8560 #32  
Your post is pathetic. Your only rebuttal to all my points was "They are #1 in the world and #3 in the US for <80hp" Ya know what? Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer in the world, but that isn't because of their quality? Is it? Oh, that's right, it's all "cheap crap" made in (ready for it) CHINA!!!!

I hate to tell ya, Indian goods are nowhere near the low quality of Chinese goods. The basis of Mahindra's tractor manufacturing is built on knowledge they gained building International Harvester tractors for foreign markets. The Willys Jeeps we used to win the Pacific front of WW2 were contracted to Mahindra to be built, they did a great job... As far as speaking to their customer service in their country of origin, so they talk funny. I think you'll find the accents of Koreans, Japanese, and Indians all can be difficult to understand. That's why they all have US personnel for such things. As far as I know India has always been an EXCELLENT ally to the US. I see no reason not to do business with them. What models of their product line they do not make, they go to the same manufacturers that JD, Kubota, and many others use as well. Any difference in quality is subjective at best.

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #33  
When someone feels it's necessary to call himself tractorguru, well it makes you wonder???

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #34  
I'm thinking that TractorGuru might have been contacted by the moderators. He has not had any activity here since the end of August. This is a well moderated site, and if someone does nothing but stir the pot they tend to go away.

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #35  
I think some of this was utilized...

:D

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #36  
I'm thinking that TractorGuru might have been contacted by the moderators. He has not had any activity here since the end of August. This is a well moderated site, and if someone does nothing but stir the pot they tend to go away.

Maybe he's here lurking and can't post. If he is lurking, I can tell him how my John Deere brush hog needed parts and my local John Deere dealer told me the gear box seals and bearings were not available anymore and were made in France when in production. I had to buy a new style gearbox and that would entail a whole new hub style. I walked out and never went back. I greased that gearbox full of gease and used it until I sold it. Yeah, JD's high resale value is because of it's great parts network...................RIGHT.

Also, with todays next day delivery and internet, you don't need to be able to drive to a dealer for parts.
hugs, Brandi

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #37  
I have heard of people filling bush hog mower type gear boxes with grease when they old and would not hold liquid oil. Does it tend to go liquid when the box gets really hot?

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #38  
I have heard of people filling bush hog mower type gear boxes with grease when they old and would not hold liquid oil. Does it tend to go liquid when the box gets really hot?

It will eventually leak out just not as fast as gear oil. We have an old post hole digger that when I use it, I just check the grease before I hook it up.

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #39  
If the bearings are good...........and you completely filled it with grease, it should not get hot. I don't remember mine getting hot. But I don't remember touching the gearbox after using it a few hours. The JD salesman said he did that on one gearbox of his bat wing mower also because he couldn't afford to replace it.
hugs, Brandi

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #40  
It will eventually leak out just not as fast as gear oil. We have an old post hole digger that when I use it, I just check the grease before I hook it up.
Ron,
Correct, I forgot to mention to refill it every use or couple of hours.
hugs, Brandi