Just got quoted on a 8560

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #1  

minner

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab
A just got a quote on a 8560, and about regurgitated my coffee. I've seen some of the quotes on here and was expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of $42K +/- a couple thousand. I was quoted on a cab with industrial tires and third function on the loader, nothing much else. It came to a couple copper coins under $51K. OUCH!

I can get a similar tractor in almost any color I want for the same price. I can get a MF 4610 (100hp) which is similar for $49K.:confused:

Granted, this was an "email" quote and not a walk-in-the-door quote, I am sure there is a fudge factor but not nearly 10% I was expecting.

Was I expecting too much?

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #2  
I'd suggest you get a quote from another dealer for comparison. If they no longer have an 8560, you might also price the mPower85, which is essentially the 8560 with the new Interim Tier IV engine. There are huge discounts for cash or standard rate, so if you are going that direction, let the dealer know.

/ Just got quoted on a 8560
From I gather from their website the 85p is the exact same tractor spec for spec except its $3,400 more expensive. I assume its got a particulate filter or DEF system..........

dang government.......

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #4  
Minner,

Just looked at Agricredit, 2012 8560 listed with 223 hrs, FEl for $39,876. Above average condition.

Idaho2

There is a used one locally for sale for $35K. Guess I should jump on it.

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #6  
From I gather from their website the 85p is the exact same tractor spec for spec except its $3,400 more expensive. I assume its got a particulate filter or DEF system..........

dang government.......
The tractors are essentially the same by my observation, but the the engine is very different. It's not just the same engine with a fancy muffler. :) It's a common rail system like all the newer diesel cars and trucks. In the long run, I suppose all diesels will be that way. They can much better regulate fuel injector pulses, even giving multiple injections per cycle, etc. But as to the "dang government" comment, I agree!

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #7  
I too have received a couple of quotes on an open station 8560 with front end loader 35 and some change best price was for an mpower 85 34k if I can get an mpower for 34 is it reasonable to expect an 8560 for 3k less? cash price after talking to a few local guys first, 50 miles is closest 37 was a local quote just about lost my appetite for one and am now looking at other colors mostly big 3. 34 for an mpower doesn't seem bad but I may have to liquidate my tractor first as I don't want to make payments. Local guy also wanted 35k for a 7060 w/loader. With all that said I understand that the dealer needs to pay a lot of overhead. I too have read on here of much better pricing and I am guessing that these tractors are in very limited supply and that is why these tractors have a firmer price? In my feeble little mind I am of the something is better than nothing, line of thinking also something doesn't mean free. By putting a lesser known brand out in the publics eye would this not be good for the brand and the dealer. (I have never seen one in person) Like I said I'm no genius. Just a regular guy trying to do the best for himself and not really seeing anyone reaching real hard to earn my business at this point. No big deal as I am patient and can wait for the right deal. Minner I wish good luck in your search and would you let us know how it goes. Thanks Dave
ps. my highest quote was for 39k on an 8560 open station
pss. I should also note the mpower 85 quote for 34k did not include a 3k charge that he was going to charge for getting tractor ready to sell the 3k also included him taking mine in on trade and getting that ready for sale he offered 17k for my 2410

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #8  
pss. I should also note the mpower 85 quote for 34k did not include a 3k charge that he was going to charge for getting tractor ready to sell the 3k also included him taking mine in on trade and getting that ready for sale he offered 17k for my 2410

That is a goofy way to price. If it is $34 +$3k =$37k, he should just say the price is $37k. :confused:

/ Just got quoted on a 8560 #9  
Agreed, Dave. He also said if no trade, price would be 34k. He had a lot of ways to skin a cat and was confusing to me. Most local dealers seemed to want close to msrp and all of the negotiation took place over phone with me taking notes. I will more than likely sell my tractor myself as this seems to be rather confusing for most of the dealers I spoke to except one he was rather forthcoming and it seems from him that I need to sell it myself. I know they need to buy at wholesale so they can make a profit but there definition on retail and wholesale don't seem fair. I would rather buy local but am willing to travel

Got another quote today. 8560, cab and loader: $44500.