Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Tractor
    case

Default Re: Max series Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by kootch88 View Post
    NE Tractor, take a look at your first post. The loader, the foot pedal, no innovation, re-branding of an old model and 7 dealers telling you something which is slamming their own income source. Also there is the suggestion that a bunch of marketing guys designed the tractor and the implication is the MAX is garbage, no matter how nicely you try to sugarcoat your comments, they are pretty much 100% troll material. Oh yeah, the faded paint comment and low sales comment was also classic. So if that was your intent, you have done it, although most all your comments have been exposed as bunk, except for personal preferences such as the foot pedal. No one can argue that since it is a comfort item and is neither good or bad.

Was there a question buried in there somewhere in your quest for more knowledge about the Max series or was your intent to lay a slam out there in the Mahindra community? You had to know the reason most of us bought a Mahindra was because we think they are the balls, instead your implied garbage heaps. I just don't see your points as being anything other than inflammatory in nature and serve no genuine constructive purpose.

If you chose to go to the Case or Kubota site and trash Mahindra I would tend to understand it more. So I am curious, what was your point in posting your comments?
    First off... garbage? Never was that ever implied (don't put words in my mouth) Many dealers slam their own product if you ask the right people. Next time your at a dealer go out in the garage and talk to the mechanics, look in the back lot and see how many idle customers tractors are out back waiting for parts. If your speaking of Abbott's or Tripp's, they are only a recent Mahindra dealers and of course they aren't going to have any pink tractors. Take a ride to some of the older dealers and you will.

You can insult me all day long about my motivation, the fact is I'm a consumer and when I see a big marketing push from a manufacturer I'm going to look for some "Beef" to back up the hype. My biggest gripe was the loaders on the Max 22 and the 25 Not the Korean made loader on the 28... I have ZERO issues with the Mitsubishi tractors, the only comment was that I couldn't see any changes other than sheet metal over the older Cub Cadets. If there are internal changes and improvements why aren't they pointing those out? I'm a mechanical guy, as I suspect most tractor guys are, so I prefer to see things over built. If you can honestly look at the 202 loader on the Max 22 and 25 and tell me its design is not inferior to Kioti's, Kubota's or Deere's around the pivot pins than we have wayyyyyy different assessments of what quality construction is. In this country Mahindra is the underdog, so like Kioti, LS or any other new kid on the block they have to give a better product at a cheaper price in order to gain market share. As I said before I WANT Mahindra to succeed I'd much rather see ten more competitors for the big boys, competition breeds innovation.

I also mentioned that both Deere and Kubota are over priced and stingy with features.... that comment Earned me the label Dyed in the wool Deer / Kubota fan

As for making a comment about a Mahindra in a Mahindra forum??? Why would I go to the Case or Kubota forum? I'm not looking for cheer leaders. I have made no personal attacks on anyone, I simply made critical observations which you can agree or disagree with. You can tell me my Ford F250 is a POS I'm probably going to agree with some of your observations on it, but I'm not going to take it personally.

Tractor
    case

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    But you sold the machines you should know if its good or not. Why would it be the only machine to buy? I think your reaching.
    So you think that in over 8 years a products quality doesn't change?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

I like all brands of tractors. I like the Mahindra and really like the features and size of the Max 28 series. I do not like the paint fading or changing of colors the Mahindra's seem to have. I think if Mahindra could get the paint fading problem corrected sales would really increase.

Mahindra is a very large company. I am sure somewhere in that organization is an individual who could correct the paint fading problem.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Paint problem has been mostly cured on tractors manufactured in 2009'ish and later. Of course the huge economic downturn at the end of 2008 left Mahindra and other manufacturers with a bunch of stock as sales slowed significantly for a couple of years. So some 2008 build date tractors were still in the pipeline or on dealers lots late in 2009 and maybe even into 2010 in some cases. And the Mitsu tractors use different paint than the M&M tractors, and KMW uses a different paint system then Bradco, etc. Not everyone upgraded at the same time, and built ahead inventory varied with each plant, so that is why we do not have a clear line of when the paint got better.

I think they could still do better, but I think they are up to par now. We also service JD, Kubota, Kioti, etc., and they fade as well if left outside. But JD green fading to a lighter green looks better than Mahindra red fading to pink...
    Dave
    Red Bluff, California

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by NE Tractor View Post
    ... I have ZERO issues with the Mitsubishi tractors, the only comment was that I couldn't see any changes other than sheet metal over the older Cub Cadets. If there are internal changes and improvements why aren't they pointing those out? I'm a mechanical guy, as I suspect most tractor guys are, so I prefer to see things over built. ..... As I said before I WANT Mahindra to succeed I'd much rather see ten more competitors for the big boys, competition breeds innovation.
    As a mechanical sort of guy, a close look would have noticed different front axles, different transmissions, different three-point setups, different rear axles, different steering linkages, different ROPS, different hydraulic pumps, different dash, etc. Nothing really hugely different, but certainly a parts cross-over would show few identical part numbers. More of an evolution than a revolution, but to say they are the same as 10 year old Cubs just isn't so. Now if you are looking at a 2216 or a 2816, then I must agree with you. I would doubt you would still find those in new inventory. Those were however excellent models, really solid machines.

And wanting Mahindra to succeed? Thanks, your wish is coming true. Up 158% in the Max sizes in the NE in calendar year 2013 to date. 8 months in a row of record sales. I think all manufacturers are probably seeing a growth spurt, but these are great numbers.
    Dave
    Red Bluff, California

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    several

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    [Dave talks on in a reasonable, measured and informed manner]

It is always a balance between features, specs, duty cycle design and price.

If Mahindra could just clone you, Dave, they'd increase sales by 158% in more than just the NE.

Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

Good point about the JD Fade, it is a far more friendly color than the Mahindra or Kubota fade for sure. My old JD is 13 years old and stays outside all summer, so it is pretty darned faded, my only complaint is the difference in colors between the metal and plastic parts, kind of a 70's two tone coloration.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by rider0 View Post
    If Mahindra could just clone you, Dave, they'd increase sales by 158% in more than just the NE.
    Quit that, or I'll have to adjust my hat a size larger.
    Dave
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    2012 Mahindra Max 22, JD Stx38, JD Stx46

I think this is kind of what a man crush feels like Dave!! hahaha, Let them all down softly.

Just teasing Rider0, Dave gets this kind of affection on a regular basis here, as you have probably already noticed.

Tractor
    Mahindra 2615HST

Any paint color will fade. Especially red. A web search on paint fade will explain why this is so. As for my tractor, a 2005, 2615, it is as red as the day I bought it. I wash it, wax it, and keep it in a shed. The KMW 106 loader, which I believe is powder coated, has faded to a very dark pink, as has the KMW 3710 back hoe.
    I thank God for these gifts: 2005 Mahindra 2615 HST w/loader, (485 hours), and 3710 backhoe. Markham tooth bar, Bush Hog SQ60 rotary cutter, Bush Hog 3507 angle blade, Bush Hog LLR84 landscape rake w/gauge wheels, Rankin loader mounted forks, Paumco Quick Spade, Agri-Ease 3 point log splitter.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast