Price Check Price check on Mahindra 5035

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035 #1  

Fearneaux1

Tractor
A Sexy 1
Hello guys,

My first post here and looking for some information. I went to my local dealer to see what he had on the lot. Looked at the 5530 and the 5010, just getting general information. Then I researched all the models online and came to the conclusion a 5035 PST 4wd will suit my needs. Because I work overseas, I emailed the dealer for a quote on the 5035 with ML 130 FEL with bucket and grapple attachment plus the 595 backhoe. He responded that he didn't have any on the lot and that the Tier IV's would be coming out soon and wasn't sure if he could find me a Tier III. Quoted a price for tractor and FEL for $30,500 but did not specify if it was Tier III of IV. Grapple and backhoe added another $13,700 plus another $1500 for the 3rd function valve for grapple.

I haven't responded yet, but would like some advice on the difference between the two. Also, does this price sound reasonable? On the Mahindra website it advertises the price as $26,500 tractor only, I've looked at some older posts here and saw where some of you purchased tractor and FEL for same price. Also, I haven't seen anything on the website specifying Tier III or IV.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Price check on Mahindra 5035 #2  
I would say that you need to do some shopping. To me and I might be way off, but it looks like the dealer is giving you list + % pricing. I know for a fact that there is no way that a 3rd function control for the grapple should run $1500. :eek: Be sure that you get the right grapple for it also. There is no reason to get some huge demo type grapple that belongs on a big skid steer that costs $3-$4000. It is simple throwing $$$ away. There are several types of grapples, think about what you will be using the grapple for and get the type of grapple for that type of work. Get several quotes if at all possible.

Good luck with you research, the 5035 is one fine machine. ;)

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035
Thanks, I was shocked also. This particular dealer has been around for a long time, but there are a couple others in the area. I will definately shop around.

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035 #4  
When I bought my tractor, the dealer got the tractor price directly from Mahindra. I am sure they can knock off for something that has been sitting on the lot, and for sure if it was a demo.. The price you are getting is probably the going price now, but you should check around to make sure. It is a big purchase, and you should be OK with it... long term investment and you will enjoy it for many, many years. My 2011 is Tier IV, which means meets the Tier IV for that year, which is nothing for that HP tractor. Soon, the new tractors under 50hp will have to have all that crud on it that the big ones have now, urea injection/whatever.. You should try to get one that does not have that, if possible. The backhoe WITH a bucket is about ten grand in 2011 dollars. The 595 is already set up for the thumb with the mounts welded onto the stick just above the bucket. It is a Bradco built, and a good one. I got an 18" extreme duty bucket. Lot's of guys say 12", but an 18" is not really that big [ it is the outside measurement ], and if you do any moving of dirt, you would probably wish you had a 30". The 595 hoe handles the 18" just fine, dug a lot of sugar maple stumps out with it. Having one shipped in new from Chatanooga assy , the way you want it, is a good thing. Just see if you can still get the non-emissions version. You will probably have to pay for trucking from Chatanooga for the special shipment.

Another thing, the price you get depends on how you are paying for it. This has been hashed over several times in this forum. You get one price for cash and another for 0%.. If you are not happy with the added price Mahindra adds for financing, then get a loan somewhere else and pay cash. They are not trying to screw you, but the finacing charge is confusing to some....

Last edited:
   / Price check on Mahindra 5035 #5  
Hello guys,

My first post here and looking for some information. I went to my local dealer to see what he had on the lot. Looked at the 5530 and the 5010, just getting general information. Then I researched all the models online and came to the conclusion a 5035 PST 4wd will suit my needs. Because I work overseas, I emailed the dealer for a quote on the 5035 with ML 130 FEL with bucket and grapple attachment plus the 595 backhoe. He responded that he didn't have any on the lot and that the Tier IV's would be coming out soon and wasn't sure if he could find me a Tier III. Quoted a price for tractor and FEL for $30,500 but did not specify if it was Tier III of IV. Grapple and backhoe added another $13,700 plus another $1500 for the 3rd function valve for grapple.

I haven't responded yet, but would like some advice on the difference between the two. Also, does this price sound reasonable? On the Mahindra website it advertises the price as $26,500 tractor only, I've looked at some older posts here and saw where some of you purchased tractor and FEL for same price. Also, I haven't seen anything on the website specifying Tier III or IV.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I notice that the MSRP for a 2013 5525 is $17.2K. Interestingly I paid about $17.5K for my 2008 5525 WITH the ML250 FEL. So it appears that there's a good deal of wiggle room in negotiating price on these larger Mahindras.

Also, FYI, my dealer installed triple rear hydraulic remotes for $700 (his design, not factory stuff) when I bought the tractor. I've never run across a better deal in 8 years of reading TBN threads on that subject.

I should have included the skid steer quick attach for the FEL in the original purchase and maybe gotten a break on the price. Added the SS/QA a year or so later.

Good luck.

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035
Thanks guys, the quote for the 595 backhoe was pretty reasonable, $9850 w/16" bucket while the grapple came in at $3850 which dealer said was the heavier duty model. I just need to confirm what was quoted on the tractor, Tier III or IV. I also thought the quote for the 3rd valve was steep, but we'll work that out.

Thanks again...knowledge is power.

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035 #7  
Like MtnViewRanch stated, no use getting too big/heavy of a build on the grapple than what you will need. The heavier weight knocks down what you can lift. Same thing with forks. You want something that will take what abuse you plan on, but no use buying something that was built to take the abuse of a H.D. construction skidsteer.

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035 #8  
I came very close to buying a Mahindra 5035 about a month ago. I was quoted $30,000 from the dealer in Abbeville. And that was for a Tier IV, but without the backhoe of course.

I ended up buying a used Kubota instead, because it fit my needs better.

And, I'm in the process of having the third function valve installed at a local welding shop. I expect that to cost me $600-$800.

Also, the welding shop has all the components to build me a grapple from scratch. He gave me an estimate of $1200 for the grapple. There was a misunderstanding between us. He thought I wanted him to build the grapple, but I already have one on another tractor that I plan to swap to the new tractor, so he has all the components.

Send me a PM (private message) and I will give you his contact info if you are interested.

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035 #9  
My 2011 is Tier IV, which means meets the Tier IV for that year, which is nothing for that HP tractor. Soon, the new tractors under 50hp will have to have all that crud on it that the big ones have now, urea injection/whatever.. You should try to get one that does not have that, if possible.
Another thing, the price you get depends on how you are paying for it. This has been hashed over several times in this forum. You get one price for cash and another for 0%.. If you are not happy with the added price Mahindra adds for financing, then get a loan somewhere else and pay cash. They are not trying to screw you, but the finacing charge is confusing to some....

Jerry, your 2011 met 2011 EPA standards for your HP as you have said. However, that would not have been Tier IV at the time. I believe yours is Tier III, which means it probably has an EGR system and a carefully calibrated FIP with a KSB system. I believe all 5035 on dealer's lot right now are Tier III still until stocks are sold out. MUSA brought in a bunch of tractors, like all manufacturers, ahead of the Tier IV norms and they are less money than the upcoming Tier IV and simpler. I think by the end of this year most Tier III will be gone in most models. Our 8560s are now called mPower 85 and I believe they are all Tier IV now. Other models to follow as stocks deplete.

Thanks for the comment on pricing as it pertains to financing. On this model, the spread is huge from cash to 0%-84. There are so many options, and discounts come to play a step at a time when you go from 0-84 (no discounts) all the way down to cash (largest discount). You can still finance at the cash price at a reasonable rate, about 5%, and still take all the discounts as if you were paying cash. That works well if you plan to put a large down payment or pay it off early.

/ Price check on Mahindra 5035 #10  
I don't mind paying a little extra to finance to help pay the wages of that cute little brunette in Iowa that is processing my payments each month...... [ that's my mindset, anyway... :) ] The EPA site, you will see, in the Tier IV compliance tables, that the Tier IV standards which my just under 50hp tractor meets are listed. My tractor meets the Tier IV standard, which state that it does not have to be fully compliant as long as it was manufactured before 2014. That's what I meant. Not that it was a Tier IV after 2014 fully compliant urea injected thing of wonder... My tractor also complies with Tier III....
One of my reasons for buying in 2011 was that I thought that inflation was going to start zooming. But this emmisions thing should light a fire under a few guys... I know, I would be sitting up and taking notice.... if I was druling over a new tractor. Got to go, have to go out and hug my Cummins, John Deere, and Mahindra... old school, good running... diesels..... :)