Mahindra Mforce 100S

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #1  

maxtractor3621

Tractor
mahindra
Hey guys just wanted to share the new Mahindra Mforce 100S walkaround and overview

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #2  
Nice tractor but a little too much fluff for my needs. Wouldn't mind seeing a walkaround/overview of the open station. I find it interesting they're purchasing engines directly from Perkins rather than continuing to build Perkins' designs themselves.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S
unfortunately they don't offer a open station for the 100S&P only the 8560 and mpower models at this time...

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #4  
That's ok, they have about 4 or 5 years before I'll be looking for one this size. That's plenty of time for them to complete one for me ;)

I just love my weather too much to set inside a fishbowl. I realize I'm odd, but I honestly prefer open station. The few times I've been into things a cab would be nice for, some bee netting or a sheet of plastic strategically hung would suffice. 99% of the time I don't have such concerns, beautiful sunny skies are... :D

Any knowledge on why they're sourcing the engine from Perkins? From reading I've seen that their engine development has been heavily reliant on partnerships with Perkins and others. They also have engines in this range in machines they build and sell in India. The only reason why I can think of off hand would be that it was the quickest or least expensive way to meet the new emissions standards.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #5  
Any knowledge on why they're sourcing the engine from Perkins? From reading I've seen that their engine development has been heavily reliant on partnerships with Perkins and others. They also have engines in this range in machines they build and sell in India. The only reason why I can think of off hand would be that it was the quickest or least expensive way to meet the new emissions standards.

Perkins is now making engines in 6 countries as far as I know so it could be capacity. It might be that they want to keep the newest technology in house. Good idea to stay with Perkins.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Mforce 100S #6  
Perkins is huge and among the best, no doubt. I don't figure there is a diesel engine manufacturer out there that hasn't paid Perkins for something or another they've needed over the years. The ownership by Caterpillar and partnership with Shibaura hasn't affected them in any bad ways I've seen.

I agree the most likely reasoning is the newer technology in the tier IV systems. I just wondered if it's part of an existing agreement for past technologies they've acquired, whether Perkins is keeping it in house for their own reasons, if Mahindra went with Perkins due to costs, or whatever other reasons might be behind it (I just like to learn about such things so it never hurts to ask). Your thought on manufacturing capacity may have something to do with it as well. I was hoping our dealer friend that posted the video might do a little research and see. I think Mahindra sourcing Perkins' built motors could be a big thing for their sales numbers. I'm more curious if it's something that would continue and under what circumstances or conditions.

I'm nowhere near ready for my next tractor, but knowing Mahindra was entering some sorta long term agreement to source Perkin's engines would definitely be something of interest on my next go-around. (keep in mind I'm not married nor infatuated by any colors so for Mahindra to be my next one, they must sell me all over again, on whatever it is I need when the time comes.)

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #7  
I'm nowhere near ready for my next tractor, but knowing Mahindra was entering some sorta long term agreement to source Perkin's engines would definitely be something of interest on my next go-around.

With a Perkins it could be a long time before you are. I have two older Masseys with Perkins engines. Solid engines and I'm sure with Cat brought that philosophy forward.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #8  
With a Perkins it could be a long time before you are. I have two older Masseys with Perkins engines. Solid engines and I'm sure with Cat brought that philosophy forward.

Actually I'm guessing that well within the next 8 years or so I'll be in the market for a 70-100HP for other tasks I'll be taking on. No clue what it will be, I've worked with and around more brands than I care to count and loved them all (one of the joys of never having owned one is also never having to spend your weekends cussing and repairing one :)), but I've been around long enough and gained enough experience in my time that I know they make different kinds of hammers to be used on different kinds of work and the same is true about tractors. I'd love OP to come back with any sort of information on the current state of the Perkins/Mahindra relationship, even if it only pertains to this one tractor. Whether it provides any information that proves useful in my future decisions I'll not know until the time comes.

When making my first purchase, knowing Perkins was at least partially behind the general design of the engine for my unit was among what I considered to be "in the positive column". The engine in my unit is quite similar to some of their old wet sleeve designs of the 60s with an interim tier IV induction and emissions system from Bosch on it. I'm pleased as can be with the purchase I made, it fulfills the tasks it was purchased for great and will continue to do so. The next one on the other hand will have a different set of tasks and could end up being any brand. It totally depends on what all ends up on the list of tasks for it, what is available at the time, and which of the available units would best suit that new task list. For instance, I won't need a front end loader or a backhoe, that's what the 4035 is for...

Mahindra needs to sell itself to me again (not that continued good experiences with my 4035 won't play some role in selling them). It would be nice if more brands had dealers that were members here. I know there are two or three Mahindra dealers that are regulars here. We could pick their brains as they have time and have some really good brand versus brand discussions and comparisons. :D

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #9  
Actually I'm guessing that well within the next 8 years or so I'll be in the market for a 70-100HP for other tasks I'll be taking on.

If you can swing it keep the existing one. That's what happened to me. I have bought 11 but never sold any. If you have lots of storage space it sure makes it easier. None of mine sit outside.