Back hoe connecting disconnect question

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question #1  

Dieselrider

Bronze Member
Tractor
1979 John Deer 2640, Kubota L3800
How easy/ difficult, time consuming is it to connect/ disconnect the backhoe from Mahindra tractors? Is it just three point hitch only or are there hydraulic lines that need unfastened? Quick connects or wrenches involved? I am looking at a 3616 model if that makes any difference. Thanks

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question #2  
I have a 5035, which is quite a bit bigger of a tractor than the 3616. Mine has a 4pt subframe mounted Bradco built backhoe that is not easy, but not that hard to disconnect. Takes 10 or 15 minutes to remove, and maybe 15-20 to put back on. With times maybe lower as you get more used to doing it, and plan ahead by doing it on a fairly flat surface/have hoe cart/etc. The hoe sits into the bottom two attachment points on the 4pt, and the top two attachment points are held by wedges that have safety pins in them. There are a pair of hyd lines that need to be disconnected after the hoe is off the tractor, and also are the first to be hooked up when you want to put it back on. The Mahindra setup is all built by Bradco, and is simular to the setup on most subframe hoe mounted tractors. So, the Mahindra is neither easier or harder to attach/take off than most other brands. I don't know if Mahindra sells a 3pt hitch hoe, and would not recommend that you even consider it if they did. The only tool you may need to remove the hoe is a rubber hammer to loosen the wedges in the top of the 4pt. It's one of those things that looks like a big operation until you get the hang of it, especially lining everything back up to put it back on... but not that hard. But like everything else, is pretty dangerous if you arn't carefull...

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question #3  
How easy/ difficult, time consuming is it to connect/ disconnect the backhoe from Mahindra tractors? Is it just three point hitch only or are there hydraulic lines that need unfastened? Quick connects or wrenches involved? I am looking at a 3616 model if that makes any difference. Thanks

The 3016/3616 backhoe is the KMW built 3720 backhoe. It is a 4-point sub-frame mount. It attaches much like the Bradco that Jerry describes. Pull a couple of pins, use the backhoe hydraulics to lift it out of the lower pockets, then disconnect the hoses and you are done. My guys can take one off and then put it back one, all in less than 10 minutes. Probably 5 minutes on a dare. But we generally tell people to give yourself 5-10 minutes to remove, and about the same to hook back up. If you drop it on an uneven surface, it takes a couple more minutes to get things lined up.

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question #4  
The backhoes hook to the subframes as easy or easier than any 3 point stuff. As stated above, their backhoes are all subframe mount. I've personally not had as much issue with uneven ground with the backhoes as the FEL. The backhoes use the outrigger/stabilizers to lift and lower the hoe into the subframe, and they can do so at some odd angles (unlike the FEL).

Jerry advised against a 3 point even if offered, but I'd like to expand on that and just say each has some pretty awesome advantages over the other. Strong vs. Any Tractor... For typical heavy backhoe work, the subframe kits are strongest but limited to mounting to the model tractor they sold with; But a 3 point mount allows it to connect to any tractor with a 3 point that can support it. The Bradco hoes can accept either type of mounting system, I'm not sure about the one for your 3616.

Here's a youtube on the removal process. Takes less than four minutes with a lot of extra talking... How to remove a backhoe from a Mahindra Tractor - YouTube

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question
Thanks Guys.

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question #6  
My Bradco 509 does not have the top wedge pins. It has all 4 points like the bottom on the video and a pin on each side to lock it in place.
Might be a little more difficult to line up all 4 connections and drop it in place.

But, a subframe mount is the best way to go regardless of which brand.

/ Back hoe connecting disconnect question #7  
My 6520 and 511 BH has two drop on hooks on bottom and uses two wedge pins with quick retainer snap pins on top. Easy on and off. The two hoses are on the rear remote with quick disconnects. Mine can be off in 5 minutes like Dave dares. But I always take the time to settle it down on 3 huge oak blocks so it won't settle down onto the ground.
hugs, Brandi