Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #11  
Shame it happened that way. I think the main problem was someone telling you that there were more coming. I think I heard several months ago that MahindraUSA had ordered and shipped in a big bunch of the preTier4 models ahead of time knowing that people would want to buy them before the change. And that when they were gone, they were gone. I guess your dealer thought more were going to come thru, when the new Tier4 laws do not permit it. Hope everything works out for ya.... anywhilst.. :)

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #12  
Sorry for your situation; however no manufacturer is going to split cost of latest tier 4 model- they're all going to be pay up or buy something else. If they did what you want they'd be out of business in no time in this lack of an economy.
For future reference, never give a big deposit for anything you can't see and or touch, you are just being hung out to dry while they have YOUR money.
Go find something on a lot and buy it from whichever mfg/dealer you choose. When I bought my first tractor I had it delivered the next day; no deposit, no wait, no frustration. See, touch, drive, buy.
Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

Right on. So far I've bought two new tractors in my life--a 2005 Kubota B7510HST and a 2008 Mahindra 5525. Both times I took the tractor for a test drive, bought it, and had it delivered the next day. I don't put deposits down on tractors, cars or trucks, ever. When I bought a 2004 Isuzu NPR stakebed off eBay to replace my 2001 F150, I made sure that the NPR was nearby (120 miles) so I could test drive it before plunking down $11K.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #13  
There are a handful of new 5035HST that are not sold. As of yesterday our inventory showed 3 here in California, two of which have dealer names against them, and possibly the third one is spoken for...not sure on the last one. But I'd think a dealer locator search by your dealer or the area business manager would turn one up. Just use an ever widening radius as the search is done. Of course the dealer that has it in stock knows he has a hot commodity, but I'd think those two dealers could work together to each make a little and get you a tractor.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #14  
This might be a good time to remind folks that Tier III models are quickly going away, and when they are gone they aren't coming back. Prices are good, finance rates are good. Now is the time to buy, not 6 months from now when we are in the spring buying frenzy and running out of all Tier III models.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #15  
This is rather simple...

A deal was struck, money put down and the rug pulled out weeks later... not hours or days later.

I bought a new Dell computer... it was ordered with a 3 week lead time and cost over $2,000

The next week, Dell announced more powerful chip set and the computer I ordered was discontinued per the website.

I called Dell and the information was confirmed... Dell offered to cancel OR they would knock 15% off the price if I did not cancel...

I opted to go with what I had ordered and Dell credited my credit card $297.

This notion that the customer has to take whatever scraps happen to fall from the table is wrong.

A $3500 price increase on a 28k MSRP Tractor is well over 10% and even then... will the customer get it or not???

Some companies still provide customer service and others are too short sighted or too undercapitalized and don't.

I see this with medical equipment all the time... firms that take care of the customer are the ones that stay in business... the ones only after an immediate sale don't.

I'm not blaming or expecting the Dealer to make this good... I am expecting the Manufacturer to step up...

As always... there is more than one side and I would love to hear input from the manufacturer on this.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #16  
To the original poster...

Have you contacted corporate on this... sometimes, it is just a matter of opening a dialog with someone in a position that can help.

Mahindra makes a good product and I only know satisfied customers.

Since the 80's I have done automotive Lemon Law cases as a California State certified consumer arbitrator.

It might come as a surprise how many times problems are resolved once the manufacturer is involved and often the manufacturer will ask for time to address the problem because they were previously unaware...

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #17  
They broke the deal. Not the last century deal, the current deal because they are in business to make a profit and it is NOT realistic to ask any company to take a $3500 loss. Look at it this way, the buyer isn't interested in a $3500 loss, why should he expect the tractor co to take one? Also see above- VW $ to 21st century tractor $, NO comparison.

Correct me if I am wrong...

No where did the original poster ask or propose anyone take a $3500 loss.

The poster asked about meeting in the middle and splitting the additional, unforeseen expense.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #18  
If a Dealer asked me to put Money down on a Tractor and held it for a month then tells me I can't get that Tractor I would not Do Business with him at all. Time to move on to another Dealer.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #19  
If a Dealer asked me to put Money down on a Tractor and held it for a month then tells me I can't get that Tractor I would not Do Business with him at all. Time to move on to another Dealer.

Exactly. Well put. Plus, what does the dealer need a big deposit for on a tractor he doesn't have, and in this case the OP was never going to see?:confused2:

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #20  
The final decision will be yours, but if it were me, I would call Corporate. If the response isn't positive, I would ask for my deposit back and leave. Hopefully, you can get all your deposit back. Best wishes.