Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #1  

BIGCC

Tractor
Mahindra 5035 HST
Hi everyone, My first post on this forum and unfortunately it is not a happy one. I ordered a 5035 HST from my local dealer and gave a substantial deposit on October 21 and was told to expect delivery late November or early December. The order was placed with Mahindra and my dealer was notified that there were no units in stock but there were units en route to the warehouse so the tractor would be built and shipped as soon as it arrived. My dealer just recently returned from the dealer meeting and has learned that Mahindra is no longer able to provide the tractor that was ordered and that if I want a tractor it will cost an additional $3500. I guess the new tractors have additional pollution controls and this is why there is a price increase. I am a little upset now that I have waited a month and Mahindra has just decided to let me know that my tractor is not available unless I want to shell out for the new model. I must say that my dealer has gone out of their way to find another new unit within a reasonable distance without much luck and is very upset as well because now they will probably lose the sale. I think Mahindra should at least try to meet me in the middle and split the extra charge since the order has been in the system for a month now but their attitude is give us $3500 more or too bad. This doesn't sit well with me and I think I will just start looking at other brands now. If this is how they treat potential customers I don't think I want to find out how customers are treated once they have your money.

Cheers

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #2  
I don't think asking them to split the difference is unreasonable at all. As for jumping ship, that's not entirely unreasonable either.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #3  
I'd bail. Doesn't sound like they have any respect for your dealer?

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #4  
I'd jump ship...something not right here, hook you, and leave you hanging for a month..:confused:
I waited a month for my tractor, it seemed like an eternity, you didn't even get one.
That sucks.
You might want to check Kioti and LS, see if you cant find a tier 3 machine..

Good luck to you

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #5  
Obviously, the dealer failed to see if there was a supply of 5035s. It isn't the fault of Mahindra.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #6  
I've ordered new trucks several times. When the order doesn't make the cutoff date, you pay the new price. 2 separate times I have waited for 6+ months and had to pay for the new year cost increases, just the way it is. :(

I have no doubt that when the order was taken, everyone thought that there would be enough of the current year machines, just didn't work out that way for whatever reason. You can jump ship and get some other make and still be happy, but it won't be a 5035, that's for sure. Just hard to match that particular overall package. ;)

Good luck with your decision:scratchchin:

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #7  
Whether the dealer is at fault or Mahindra doesn't really matter, you are getting the run around either way. Check out other dealers and find a good one of a major brand* and buy their tractor.

*Deere, Kubota, LS, Kioti, Massey.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #8  
Sorry for your situation; however no manufacturer is going to split cost of latest tier 4 model- they're all going to be pay up or buy something else. If they did what you want they'd be out of business in no time in this lack of an economy.
For future reference, never give a big deposit for anything you can't see and or touch, you are just being hung out to dry while they have YOUR money.
Go find something on a lot and buy it from whichever mfg/dealer you choose. When I bought my first tractor I had it delivered the next day; no deposit, no wait, no frustration. See, touch, drive, buy.
Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #9  
Sorry for your situation; however no manufacturer is going to split cost of latest tier 4 model- they're all going to be pay up or buy something else. If they did what you want they'd be out of business in no time in this lack of an economy.
For future reference, never give a big deposit for anything you can't see and or touch, you are just being hung out to dry while they have YOUR money.
Go find something on a lot and buy it from whichever mfg/dealer you choose. When I bought my first tractor I had it delivered the next day; no deposit, no wait, no frustration. See, touch, drive, buy.
Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

In 1967 my Unlce was stationed in Germany... he ordered a new US spec VW for European Delivery and got a confirmation date...

When he went to pick it up... the delivery person deeply apologized saying due to production issues they had run out of 1967 model year bugs and substituted a brand new 1968... almost a full month before the new model release...

He looked a little anxious and asked what this was going to cost... they said the price had increased 4% and the radio was now standard and VW was absorbing the increase.

So... at least one manufacturer honored pricing and delivered a new, improved and more expensive model at no charge...

They also told him his was the first 1968 model retail delivered anywhere.

I had hoped something similar would happen to me in 2002 with BMW... sad to say, I got one of the last 2002 models from the factory and if my delivery date would have been 3 days later it would have been a 2003 year model.

/ Mahindra can't deliver my 5035 HST #10  
:welcome: To TBN sorry your having a problem hope it all works out in the end. :thumbsup: