Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price?

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #1  

johnw02

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Hello! I'm in the market for a compact tractor with a loader and brush hog. I came across the Mahindra 3016 and asked for quotes from two different dealers:

Dealer 1 - Mahindra 3016 Gear Drive Shuttle with SKC loader and 5ft Standard Duty Mahindra Rotary Cutter @ $16,100.00

Dealer 2 - Same as above, but includes a quick hitch attachment to qualify for a rebate @ $16,671.00 - $500.00 rebate = $16,171.00

I've seen lower pricing on these forums, so I'm not sure if this is the best deal. What is your opinion? I live in Ohio (in case that makes a difference).

Forgot to mention, Dealer 1 is offering 3.7% financing for 60 months or 4.6% financing for 72 or 84 months with 10% down.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #2  
Those are competitive prices. I doubt that you will find much lower anywhere else. You will want to move on getting a tractor from dealer stock soon in order to get that price.

Like you, I opted to add the Quick hitch and rear mower deck to get the rebate for two implements.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #3  
Best thing for you too do is buy out of state to save on taxes and two make sure you have insurance to cover the life of loan.

Avoiding sales tax on an out-of-state purchase is easier done with a cash sale. With a sale financed through a manufacturer, the contract is subject to a UCC filing in the state of origin thereby creating a paper trail. If the consumer does not pay sales tax in the state of origin they are still responsible for use tax in their home state (typically the same rate as sales tax).

You are correct in that a dealer is not obligated to collect sales tax on an out-of-state sale, but in my opinion a dealer should properly inform a potential customer of their tax responsibilities and let the customer decide what action to take.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #4  
Sales tax on a tractor really depends on if it is for personal use or agricultural use. If it is for agricultural use then it is exempt from sales tax as well as any other taxes in my state.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #5  
Same here in Virginia. I should have clarified, though to claim the exemption one must apply for and be approved through the local county seat as an agricultural producer--backyard gardens don't count.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #6  
I would like to start by Saying the entire TBN family, my deepest apologize for the rude and ill informed member of our dealership Yaury Hill, This is not how we as a dealer nor Mahindra as a whole would ever want to represent ourselves as demeaning and as rude he came across. We as a dealership and as a Rep of Mahindra do not condone his actions and hence he has lost his employment to the dealership and as a rep for Mahindra. I truly apologize for on behalf of Mahindra and our dealership

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #7  
I'm new to farming and considering making the Mahindra 3016 with FEL and Backhoe my first new tractor purchase. I got a quote from a dealer for $24,000 and was blown away that I could get the tractor and both attachments for that price. I am posting to ask some experienced Mahindra buyers if I should wait till a particular time of the year to buy the tractor. Is there a promotion they run every year I should wait for? Are they cheaper in the fall? Summer? Do the new year models come out and the older ones get discounted like cars? Any advice would be appreciated.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #8  
New epa laws for tractors are now in effect and as soon as the in stock tier 3 models, as this 3016 would be, will be replaced by the tier 4 models that have more anti pollution equipment on them. That additional tier 4 equipment will cost another $1500.00 to $2000.00 so you should make that purchase now. I am sure others on the forum will confirm this.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #9  
weezil,

As stated, the next tractors will be much more expensive. Winter is the time to buy. With the promotions Mahindra has right now, you may actually be able to pay less for a Tractor/Loader/Backhoe.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra 3016 - Good Price? #10  
I'm new to farming and considering making the Mahindra 3016 with FEL and Backhoe my first new tractor purchase. I got a quote from a dealer for $24,000 and was blown away that I could get the tractor and both attachments for that price. I am posting to ask some experienced Mahindra buyers if I should wait till a particular time of the year to buy the tractor. Is there a promotion they run every year I should wait for? Are they cheaper in the fall? Summer? Do the new year models come out and the older ones get discounted like cars? Any advice would be appreciated.

That is less than I am paying for my Max25 with FRL/BH/MMM. I say go for it!