Any thoughs about a Mahindra 7010?

/ Any thoughs about a Mahindra 7010? #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
I'm mulling over picking up another tractor for the farm and really want something with cab/heat/air and 4wd. Tasks will be bushhogging (hopefully able to pull the 10' that I have), mowing and baling/rolling hay, and handling rolls of hay for feeding. Other uses would be some plowing and disking, but not a lot of that.

I've been looking for a Kioti DK65, but haven't come up with one nearby that meets the criteria I'm looking for. I have come across a couple of Mahindra 7010's, but don't know that much about them. I did a search in this forum and only came back with a few responses and none of them were really negative.

I just wanted to see if we had any owners or folks that have owned them in the past that would care to comment on their experiences. There is a Mahindra dealership about 30 miles from me, so there is support in the area.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Good luck and take care.

/ Any thoughs about a Mahindra 7010? #2  
I owned a 3510 and that was one tough dependable tractor, never failed to start and always did what I asked of it. I sold it to buy a larger machine, I was swaying between the Mahindra 6110 and the Kioti RX6010 and I settled on the Kioti mainly due to getting a better deal. You can't go wrong with a Mahindra they are great units.

Randall

/ Any thoughs about a Mahindra 7010? #3  
I have a 7010 with around 2000 hours on it. It'll do what you want to do, but honestly I'd encourage you to find a more utility type tractor. The 7010 is one huge compact. It has great tranny options, great engine, and is comfortable. The front dif has always been my biggest concern. It's design is , well for lack of better words, compact. I mean it's designed like a compact tractor not like utility tractors. Mine is apart for the second time. First one was under warranty. This time is on me. I know at this point I'm out everything in the ring and pinion and haven't gotten into the drives at the wheels. I never could keep tie rod ends in it. It just wasn't designed to handle what the loader will lift.
Not a great tractor, but a good tractor. For the money....local dealer has one for $17000....if you can take it easy on it it'll probably last a lifetime. If you plan to use it up to and above it's capability....move up a notch to the 8560 or 7060. Much bigger, heavier, better designed tractors. The only thing in the 7010 that is Mahindra made is the engine. They took a 7520 engine and put it in a TYM 700 tractor. I promise you if you use the loader a year you'll bust the centers out of the wheels!