5525 coming soon in 4wd?

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd? #1  

str8six

Tractor
John Deere 4020
Is there any truth to this rumor? Does anyone know anything?

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd? #2  
We were told, at a sales meeting, that the 4wd version is coming in the 55 and 65 HP Tier 4, but I do not know just how soon. The tier 4 will no longer be called the 25 series, and will be the 4500 series. (4545, 4555, 4565, in 2 and 4 wd)

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd?
Sweet! Now please tell me tier 4 wont mean a DPF is in the future for Mahindra?

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd? #4  
Not on a Mahindra. None of the Mahindra's will have a DPF to meet tier 4 emissions. A big plus for Mahindra, added value over the competition.

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd? #6  
What is DPF?

DPF Diesel Particulate Filter It is a filter on the exaust system, that when it becomes clogged the tractor needs to be shut down, and a regeneration cycle has to be initiated. The regeneration cycle will burn the captured particulate from the filter. (1100 plus degrees) This is a PIA to have to stop and do this, and at 1100 degrees a possible fire hazzard in some conditions. Mahindra redesigned their engines from the ground up to burn the diesel fuel more completely, thus not needing the particulate filter to meet the tier 4 emission specs. This fact should be a real added value for the Mahindra customer.

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd? #7  
DPF Diesel Particulate Filter ... (1100 plus degrees) This is a PIA to have to stop and do this, and at 1100 degrees a possible fire hazard in some conditions. ...
Why do I have images of a burned out tractor hulk sitting in middle of a burned field in west Texas in August or September running through my mind? :banghead:

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd?
DPFs work and do what they are designed to do for the most part. It's when they don't that they really become a headache. Is Mahindra using EGR to meet emissions?

/ 5525 coming soon in 4wd? #9  
DPF Diesel Particulate Filter It is a filter on the exaust system, that when it becomes clogged the tractor needs to be shut down, and a regeneration cycle has to be initiated. The regeneration cycle will burn the captured particulate from the filter. (1100 plus degrees) This is a PIA to have to stop and do this, and at 1100 degrees a possible fire hazzard in some conditions. Mahindra redesigned their engines from the ground up to burn the diesel fuel more completely, thus not needing the particulate filter to meet the tier 4 emission specs. This fact should be a real added value for the Mahindra customer.

Thank you!