Comparison 4530 or 4035?

/ 4530 or 4035? #1  

NH1911

Tractor
None
Hey guys, this is my first post, but I've been lurking/researching here for the past couple weeks. Looking at signing the paperwork on either a 4530 or 4035 PST this week and would appreciate some direction. As it currently stands, this machine will be used for mostly FEL work (lot's of snow removal, dirt-road maintenance and dirt-work) and some logging on the property. This is my first tractor, but luckily I've been able to gain a lot of perspective the past couple years using my father-in-law's 3215 HST. What I've determined is that I'm not happy with the lift capacity, the overall H.P., or the stupid-slow reverse ranges of the HST transmission. Other than that, it's a handy little tractor.

Admittedly, both of the machines may be a bit-more tractor than I need, but I'd rather have and not need than the other way around. I know the 4530 is a basic, no frills machine, but it looks like you're getting a lot of tractor for your money...and it works out to be about $1K less than the 4035. I guess my major hang up here is the manual shuttle tranny of the 4530 vs. the PST of the 4035. I've driven the 4035 on the dealer lot (and liked it) but nobody around here has a 4530 (would have to be ordered.) For my purposes, I'd be interested on opinions on which tractor would I be better suited with?

/ 4530 or 4035? #2  
I've been waiting for People to reply.
Welcome aboard. I know there people on here who have either the 4530 or 4035. If you go to the Mahindra website you can do a side by side comparison. I've been looking at the 4530. Mainly cause it's a lot more machine.
Good luck in your pruchase. Remember to post pics of you new tractor once you get it home and get it dirty>

Wedge

/ 4530 or 4035? #3  
The 35 series is their "premium" line of compact utility. It gets some of the extra bells and whistles. The 4530 is a more rugged and basic full sized utility tractor. They're red, have tires, and do work, beyond that the differences are more vast than the similarities.

/ 4530 or 4035?
I've been waiting for People to reply.
Welcome aboard. I know there people on here who have either the 4530 or 4035. If you go to the Mahindra website you can do a side by side comparison. I've been looking at the 4530. Mainly cause it's a lot more machine.
Good luck in your pruchase. Remember to post pics of you new tractor once you get it home and get it dirty>

Wedge

Thanks for the reply. I've been on Mahindra's website like it was my job the couple weeks...so much so that my wife is concerned I have an obsession. I think she's right. Must be new-tractor fever or something.

I think there may be an issue with 4530 specs the Mahindra website...looks like they're listing the specs for the 4035. Not sure how to do a side-by-side comparison of the two on the site?

/ 4530 or 4035? #5  
I have the 4035 PST and i like it alot. It is a strong tractor and it has handled everything with ease. However I havent realized the advantage of the power shuttle yet. I tend to use the clutch anyway just out of habbit.

/ 4530 or 4035?
I have the 4035 PST and i like it alot. It is a strong tractor and it has handled everything with ease. However I havent realized the advantage of the power shuttle yet. I tend to use the clutch anyway just out of habbit.

That's exactly what I did when I test drove the 4035 PST at the dealer...I instinctually used the clutch even though it wasn't needed. Not sure why, but this fact alone leads me to believe I wouldn't mind a standard-shuttle shift machine. That was driving around the lot though...heavy loader work may be an entirely different story. Kinda tough to get a handle on things unless I'm actually working it.

/ 4530 or 4035?
The turning radius is quite a bit tighter on the 4035.

I did see that on the specs. Since I'm used to running a 3215 with a backhoe attached—which gets interesting in tight spots—I don't think the slight loss in turning radius is going to bother me much. My biggest concern is the manual shuttle on the 4530 for loader work, since that's going to comprise the majority of what I do with this tractor. The 4530's FEL has a higher lift height and capacity than the 4035, but the cycle times to fully raise and lower the loader are a bit slower...is this due to the fact that the 4530's lift height is greater, or simply due to slower hydraulics?

Last edited:
   / 4530 or 4035? #9  
I noticed the lift times of the 5035 and the 4035 are different for the different lift capacities, with the 5035 being slower but more capable.

I too looked at a 4530 and a 4035 and there was no contest. The 4530, though more capable, was a small utility tractor and felt older. The 4035 is a large compact utility, but was easier to operate, more maneuverable, and modern. I drove both and I do not regret the decision for the 4035 over the 4530. My 4035 is set up as a TLB, and the hydrostatic transmission is great for precise loader work.

My vote would be the 4035 or 5035 if you need the loader capacity and can afford it. Staying within the brand, I would get the 5035 if I could do it over again.

/ 4530 or 4035? #10  
Hey guys, this is my first post, but I've been lurking/researching here for the past couple weeks. Looking at signing the paperwork on either a 4530 or 4035 PST this week and would appreciate some direction. As it currently stands, this machine will be used for mostly FEL work (lot's of snow removal, dirt-road maintenance and dirt-work) and some logging on the property. This is my first tractor, but luckily I've been able to gain a lot of perspective the past couple years using my father-in-law's 3215 HST. What I've determined is that I'm not happy with the lift capacity, the overall H.P., or the stupid-slow reverse ranges of the HST transmission. Other than that, it's a handy little tractor.

Not to get side tracked and maybe I'm just not understanding the statement, buy why would you even consider a FEL to do road maintenance???:confused3: That's why you have a 3pt hitch and there are several implements to use that are by far quicker, easier and simply better all around for that type of work. ;)