Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3535

Default Re: Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50?

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    To follow with Galen's comments, you will see all the loader model numbers change as well. The Max28 has always taken the ML205. The Max28 will become the Max26 and it takes the Max26L loader, and the backhoe will be the Max26B. I think the idea is that the loader/backhoe numbering scheme should better reflect the model it fits, not some random number like 205. I'm not sure if any dealer has the entire new nomenclature figured out, I know I do not. We have been installing the new Max26L loader on the existing Max28's for a few weeks now, so as Galen mentioned there will be some outgoing models with new loader numbers and perhaps even some new models with the old loader numbering during the transition. But it is purely a decal change on most models of loaders/backhoes, at least for the smaller units.
    That seemed to be the general explanation I got when I called Mahindra too. Something must have went wrong with the 485 Backhoe though - as it is paired to the 3535, 4035, and 4530 tractors and they are using model number ATI50BC? Maybe the Mahindra people gave me the wrong, new model number on that unit. I could see them leaving off the ATI and it just being referred to as the 50BC - but that would imply that it goes to some 50 series tractors. I would imagine the 3535, 4035, and 4530 would be some kind of 30 series units or such. Confusing. I'm just very surprised that they have not made this news on their website and made sure that people and dealers are aware of exactly what is changing to what so the confusion is minimized. Listing both model numbers and maybe a quick conversion index chart would be very useful. Hopefully they will do this soon.

Tractor
    Mahindra 3535

This info is at least making me feel better about the dealer. Like I said, he seems like an honest and very genuine guy and I didn't want to be wrong about that. He is actually the 2nd closest dealer to me and the main reason I picked him over the closest dealer was the personality and atmosphere of this dealer and the people there. Quality of service means a lot to me - especially with this equipment being very new to me. I need all the quality help I can get - so trust matters!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

The 35 series will become the 3500 series. So a 50HP 3500 series will ne a 3550, the 40HP will presumably be the 3540. It will be really odd for a while, but we will all get used to it.

I'm not sure if the 50BC is the same as the 485C, but I hope it is as that is a great backhoe. The "C" will be the mount kit designator I bet, since that is what the "C" designates now on the 485. The B means backhoe, L means loader. So 50BC is a 50 backhoe with a "C" kit. Or so I think....
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Mahindra 3535

Quote Originally Posted by DavesTractor View Post
    The 35 series will become the 3500 series. So a 50HP 3500 series will ne a 3550, the 40HP will presumably be the 3540. It will be really odd for a while, but we will all get used to it.

I'm not sure if the 50BC is the same as the 485C, but I hope it is as that is a great backhoe. The "C" will be the mount kit designator I bet, since that is what the "C" designates now on the 485. The B means backhoe, L means loader. So 50BC is a 50 backhoe with a "C" kit. Or so I think....
    Don't know about the "C" stuff - this is the first I've heard of anything other than a plain "485". Didn't know there was a 485C. I wish they had more docs online about their attachments, their specifications, versions, etc... A person could use that information in so many ways. When I spoke to Mahindra I just told them I was getting a 3535 - so maybe that told them enough to know they needed to indicate the "C" version. From my understanding - it does sound like a very nice model - but really have no real details about it. In fact, the dealer didn't have one at all on his lot - just smaller ones on a 3016 model and smaller. I've seen a few pictures, but so far that's about the most I have had to go on other than model number

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

The "C" stood for Curved Boom.
    That was a model change up back a couple of years ago when the backhoes came through as the "new curved boom"!
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Rick, on ATI I think it is the mount. For example, the 509C fit 4110, the 509E fits the 4530, the 509G fits the 5530/6530, the 509F fits the 7520/8560. In all cases the basic backhoe is the same, the attachment kit differs. On the 485/595, the "C" fits the 35 series, the "D" fits the 5010, etc. Dave
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12