Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50?

/ Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50? #1  

ameador1

Tractor
Mahindra 3535
I just selected a Mahindra 3535 with FEL and Backhoe. Was sold on the model 485 backhoe, but in the Mahindra Financing workup, their system did not let them choose a model 485 - it was not on the list. The dealer said it seems to be related to a new model numbering system Mahindra is starting to do where they are going to re-model number all of their equipment. He had to order the backhoe as he didn't have any left in stock. He said the place where he orders them from told him that the new model number is an RB50 and that it is the same as the 485. Does anyone know if this is correct? I can't seem to find anything on that model number. Let me know what you think ASAP. This RB50 is supposed to be delivered to him in a couple of days and we're shooting for a delivery of the equipment to me this coming Saturday. I want to make sure that everything is correct before it gets here.

Oh, and the tractor is a model 3535! I'm excited, and this Saturday can't get here fast enough! Except now, I'm worried about this backhoe issue...

Thanks!

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50? #2  
One other thing . . . when they deliver the tractor and BH, take the time to have them show you how to drop the BH. It isn't hard, but it will be a lot easier if you can see someone else do it first!

/ Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50? #3  
(thought I hit reply already, but I don't see this . . .)

If there is a new numbering system, it is really new. My dealer had to order by 485 about 8 weeks ago because he didn't have one either.
And on the Mahindra web site it still lists them as being a model 485 for the 3535 tractor. And on the Bradco site it doesn't have anything about RB50.

Unless someone else comes up with a better reply, might I suggest placing a call to another Mahindra dealer - ask them what the correct BH is for a 3535. Does seem a little strange.

Martin

/ Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50?
(thought I hit reply already, but I don't see this . . .)

If there is a new numbering system, it is really new. My dealer had to order by 485 about 8 weeks ago because he didn't have one either.
And on the Mahindra web site it still lists them as being a model 485 for the 3535 tractor. And on the Bradco site it doesn't have anything about RB50.

Unless someone else comes up with a better reply, might I suggest placing a call to another Mahindra dealer - ask them what the correct BH is for a 3535. Does seem a little strange.

Martin

Yeah, I might even see if he will let me make a video of the process. It seems like getting manuals on these machines is not a simple task either, so I want to make sure I have it down and won't/can't forget. It may be a good while before I'll need to take it off and put it back on. It has immediate work to do, and will be put to use for a good while.

I tend to think of myself as pretty good at judging character fairly quickly and I don't get the impression that this dealer is a scammer or anything - but... I have only had a few phone calls and a day long visit. He had made mention of this new remodeling deal going on with Mahindra a few times - but I suppose that wouldn't mean much if it was a setup for something nefarious. I don't know. I sure hope this is not some thought-out scam. I may call Mahindra directly and see what they think about it - even if I have to call their financing department - surely they would know to be expecting to see odd model numbers beginning to show up during their financing approval processes.

I wonder... Might this dealer be talking about order codes changing and not actual model numbers? Maybe he's saying model number by mistake? Does anyone know if that might be the case (other dealers?)?

/ Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50? #6  
Dropping the BH on a Max25 is fairly simple. Find where you want to place it. (Preferably hard or graveled surface.) Put the centering lock pin in the BH. Drop the feet and then pull the attachment pins between the tractor and the BH. Raise the feet and or move the BH itself so it is above the of the hooks the attachment pins go in. Pull the tractor 6-12 inches forward and then shut it down. Disconnect the hydraulic hoses. The one will go back into the tractor as a bypass.

Then go do your other work.

Getting it back on can be a little harder just because you have to line the hooks back to the pins looking over your shoulder. I wish I had a small warehouse sized barn that I could create a template spot for reattaching it, but so be it. I can work with it.

I wonder... Might this dealer be talking about order codes changing and not actual model numbers? Maybe he's saying model number by mistake? Does anyone know if that might be the case (other dealers?)?

Meaning... is he potentially talking about item numbers and not model numbers? Could be a simple slip of the tongue and some extra ordering confusion on his part because of it? I would prefer this to it being bad character.

/ Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50? #8  
The tier 4 tractors will have totally new model numbers and the attachments will also have new model numbering, that will coincide with the tractor model that it fits. During the transition the I am sure that there will be some tier 3 tractors that come through with the attachments that have the new model numbers. Ameador1 has nothing to worry about, as it is the same backhoe, just a new model number.

The tier 4 tractors will have totally new model numbers and the attachments will also have new model numbering, that will coincide with the tractor model that it fits. During the transition the I am sure that there will be some tier 3 tractors that come through with the attachments that have the new model numbers. Ameador1 has nothing to worry about, as it is the same backhoe, just a new model number.

Thanks LAWALLSTRACTOR! I actually spoke to Mahindra, I guess their main offices in Houston, TX, just a little bit ago and they confirmed exactly this. Since the tractor I'm buying on the lot is labeled as a 3535 - it is what it is, but the more recently manufactured backhoes (that are the same as the 485) are being re-model numbered as an ATI50BC (may be dashed in there somewhere - the lady didn't clarify that). The 3535 is a Tier 4 tractor so I assume it will be re-model numbered as well in the near future.

I suggested that they update their website with the new model numbers so that everyone is not confused and suspicious of being given model numbers that don't match the docs on the site. This is a LARGE expense for me so when things don't match up exactly I get concerned and stressed!

So, I will try to settle down some and try to happily (very anxiously) await my new equipment! ;)

/ Backhoe Model Issue... Model 485 now RB50? #10  
To follow with Galen's comments, you will see all the loader model numbers change as well. The Max28 has always taken the ML205. The Max28 will become the Max26 and it takes the Max26L loader, and the backhoe will be the Max26B. I think the idea is that the loader/backhoe numbering scheme should better reflect the model it fits, not some random number like 205. I'm not sure if any dealer has the entire new nomenclature figured out, I know I do not. We have been installing the new Max26L loader on the existing Max28's for a few weeks now, so as Galen mentioned there will be some outgoing models with new loader numbers and perhaps even some new models with the old loader numbering during the transition. But it is purely a decal change on most models of loaders/backhoes, at least for the smaller units.