Buying Advice Mahindra 3535

/ Mahindra 3535 #1  

curtisg710

So ive been looking at getting a new tractor and find myself really interested in the 3535. Ive only looked online, went to the local dealer and they dont have any of the 35 series tractors. They have the 3016 and some 40's. The 3016 doesnt look to have the features of the 35 that id like to have and is a little smaller than i want, a 40hp is more than i think i need and want to pay for. The closest 3535 i found is a dealer 2+ hours away willing to order one in.
I want to actually see one in person to know if its what i really want, does anyone have any opinions on the 35 series tractor? Are they not to popular?

/ Mahindra 3535 #2  
The 35 series is their "premium" range of compacts, generally comes with more bells and whistles than the other series. From what I've seen the 4035 and 5035 are much more common to see than the 3535. The user reviews on this site on that model are mostly good, seems the most common complaint is certain things that might come loose after purchasing it and running it.

Mahindra 3535 Reviews - TractorByNet.com

Honestly though, any tractor will shake stuff loose if you don't pay attention and perform proper maintenance. Anyone who tells you they have a tractor they just climb on and go every time is a fool and should be disregarded. There are many things that should be checked on a regular basis. Once you get whatever you get, give it a good "once over" and ensure everything is as it should be, then follow up frequently.

Good luck and share some pics when you make a decision!

/ Mahindra 3535
Yea, i guess the nearest 3535 to me is in Oklahoma, im just south of shreveport, la. The local dealer has a 4035 on order he said so i may get a chance to sit on it to see how it is. Ive decided i cant afford green, new holland isnt to appealing to me, kioti is to far away to have decent dealership service "if" needed. Kubota is a little on the high side here. So mahindra and ls are what im really concentrating on.

I work on heavy equipment so i know how thing gets loose over time, no matter the color, cost, or model if its man made it will have an issue eventually. I like to check things over good when im greasing the machine.

/ Mahindra 3535 #4  
I love my 4035HST. It has been a beast of a machine that's done more than I ever expected from a compact (granted it is one of the heaviest machines in the compact segment). I've been mostly earth moving with mine and it handles that task with ease like a machine twice it's size. I've had two issues so far, upon bringing it home from the dealer and removing the backhoe, I learned there was a hydraulic issue in the 3 point lift arms. After letting me try a couple things under the advise of the service manager, they came and took it on a Friday, returned it on the following Monday, and it's been flawless.

I noticed at the end of the season last year there was a small hydraulic fluid leak somewhere under the front. I mentioned it to them when I stopped in over the winter to see the new showroom they built, they said toss a wrench on the loader lines, they had seen a couple leaks at that area. So next time I went to the barn to start the tractor for a while to keep the charge up in the battery and lubes circulated, I checked the loader lines and all were dry. By this time the tractor had sat in one spot long enough and been ran a few times setting in that spot I was able to tell the leak was on the opposite side as the loader lines, but still couldn't see anything that looked "wet" and wasn't going to take it apart in the dead of winter to find a minor drippy wet spot. Well, this season is underway and I've been hard at work and noticed today while greasing the backhoe and loader that the leak had actually gotten a bit worse and had went from an occasional drop to a fairly steady drip. I located the source as being somewhere in a couple lines that run around the left side of the engine by the starter. They are somewhat difficult to get at, so I'm going to let my dealer advise me on the next step.

As you said, things to get loose over time. Sometimes vibrations can wear something that isn't positioned just perfect. Nothing man makes is perfect. What sold me on Mahindra was the overall build quality when compared to others, everything just seemed more stout. When I started digging into it, I learned there are more good parts on the 4035 than on the competition. Perkins engine design, topped with Bosch injection and emissions, KWM loader, Bradco backhoe, all the hydraulic lines were good KURT branded US made hoses.

I think too many folk get hung up on spec sheets and this number versus that number when comparing colors. You really need to dive into what is built how and by who to make a good decision. Knowing I was going to be moving earth as a primary task, I laid down and looked at how the components and castings of every detail of the front axles were made since this is always the wear and break point for loader work. Many of the other brands 50HP tractors don't come with as beefy of components in the front axle as the 40HP 4035 does.

/ Mahindra 3535
Im glad to hear that as alot of the work ill be doing at first is moving dirt around and reshaping my land some. Ill just be getting fel, cutter, and box blade. Later on ill probably use it for gardening maybe, but for 10 acres as much as id love a bigger tractor the 35hp seems to be my sweet spot.

/ Mahindra 3535 #6  
That should do pretty much all you want to do. My property is very humpy and lumpy and I wanted the backhoe because there are some places I'm removing quite a bit of earth and didn't want to spend so much time dragging stuff into loadable piles with the box blade. That and there are some pretty good sized stone (think tractor sized) I run into occasionally that need dug loose and rolled down the hill.

/ Mahindra 3535
I bet the back hoe does come in handy for you then. I get to bring equipment home from work every now and then so i get to save that 5-6k thankfully. Im positive my wife wouldnt allow me to spend that much on a tractor anyway.

/ Mahindra 3535 #8  
Thankfully I didn't have that issue. Mine said "buy it, that's fine, you just hafta teach me how to run it too". :)

/ Mahindra 3535 #9  
I agree with Sysop. I had 2 Kubotas, 32 hp and 50 hp. Sold both( for dumb reasons) and when it came time to buy again I compared hard. I went with the 5035. Everything was just plain "beefier" form the components to the tires.Capacities (and features) were better for the same price range. The only thing that I have to get used to is the hst pedals are separate and I have to think which one I'm on but considering I have only 20 hours so far, it's still new. I have no regrets not buying orange.

/ Mahindra 3535
My wife is apparently allergic to outside work. Ive got a city girl slowly turning her country- shes the best wife ever dont get me wrong but when it comes to working in heat shes not there. Maybe a new tractor is the key, a new lawn mower wasnt :(

Im pretty convinced on mahindra i just need to get to sone dealerships. Im attracted to the beefyness of them. I want it to be a tractor to last a while