Comparison Got my new 3016 today

/ Got my new 3016 today #1  

oldpilgrim

Elite Member
Tractor
2014 Mahindra 3016HST
I went over and got my new toy today. I haven't done much with it but try out all the levers and buttons, scoop something up,'thumb' something with the new BH and just generally learn what things are where. I've got a lot of reading to do tonight.

I thought I'd post some pictures for a side by side comparison to my 1952 Harry Ferguson TO30 and Kelley 30 hoe. Not a huge difference in the overall size of the main tractor, but a big difference in the loader size.

I'm going to miss the big bucket on the Fergie. It would handle a lot of snow.:(

TheFELs are slightly different. :laughing: The lift cap of the Fergie is about 900 lbs vs about 1600 for the 3016.
IMG0036A%20766x575.jpg

the overall length is pretty close, as is the wheelbase. The BH's are about the same size. The 3016 is a very little bit smaller.

IMG0037A%20766x575.jpg

the 3016 sits lower and is ever so slightly narrower

IMG0038A%20766x575.jpg

I won't miss climbing up the BH and stepping over the seat to get in and climbing over the side to get out.

IMG0039A%20766x575.jpg

a little better look at the loader on the Fergie. My how things have changed.

IMG0040A%20766x575.jpg

The Fergie has been a very good tractor for me for the past 20 years or so. I hope my son gets another 20 out of it, until he inherits the 3016, and then he can pass the Fergie on to his kids.

/ Got my new 3016 today #2  
Congratulations. Mitsubishi builds great tractors. I love my 2615.

/ Got my new 3016 today
I discovered that the sticker says it's a 2013 Model. I'm real good with that! :thumbsup:

/ Got my new 3016 today #5  
Congrats on the Mahindra!!! I couldn't help but see the "backdrop in those Pic's" Wow that is some good looking property. Looking at the pic with the Barn in the background, that Fergie trumps the Mahindra in the "It belongs there" category. Old tractors somehow get better looking with age....

/ Got my new 3016 today #6  
Don't know about you Pilgrim but one of the main reasons I got my 3016 was the ease of getting on and off. One had to be a gymnast to dismount my old JD. Also, parts support from JD was getting rather dicey as in "no longer available" for my 28 year old machine. I wouldn't doubt that you had better parts support for the Fergy than I did mine. There is a snow bucket available for not too much money ($700) for our tractors from an after market supplier. I'll get you the link if you're interested. P.S. after you've run the tractor for a few hrs, check the bolt tightness on your front 4 wheel drive housings. The manual states to check tightness for engine mount bolts and fel bolts. I could find nothing about the front housing bolts in the manual. My dealer told me about these.

/ Got my new 3016 today #7  
great pics, both nice tractors, appreciate sharing the photos w us here on tbn !! Enjoy the comforts of the new tractor !!! Very nice !!

From CT

/ Got my new 3016 today
Don't know about you Pilgrim but one of the main reasons I got my 3016 was the ease of getting on and off. One had to be a gymnast to dismount my old JD. Also, parts support from JD was getting rather dicey as in "no longer available" for my 28 year old machine. I wouldn't doubt that you had better parts support for the Fergy than I did mine. There is a snow bucket available for not too much money ($700) for our tractors from an after market supplier. I'll get you the link if you're interested. P.S. after you've run the tractor for a few hrs, check the bolt tightness on your front 4 wheel drive housings. The manual states to check tightness for engine mount bolts and fel bolts. I could find nothing about the front housing bolts in the manual. My dealer told me about these.

yes, I would like the link, thanks, and thanks too for the bolt info.

/ Got my new 3016 today #9  
yes, I would like the link, thanks, and thanks too for the bolt info.

neonmaterialhandling on eBay. On the right hand side in small print, click on "see all". Scroll down and on page 2 you'll find the 72" and page 3 the 60". They also have a 66" someplace in their site which may be a good compromise as the 72" bucket approaches 600 lbs.. Personally I wouldn't go over 72". Loaded tires with chains will certainly help. I plan to cobble up a snow pusher for mine this year. Another place that has been reasonably priced in the past is Budget Forklift Attachments. They are not showing prices on most of their stuff right now so they may have gotten a bit "upscale" in their pricing .

Last edited:
   / Got my new 3016 today #10  
Nice tractors! I recently picked up a 3016 myself and love it. I'll be checking my bolts as well now.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet