Comparison Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #1  

MahindraDon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra
I've been out of the loop for a little over a year and I figured y'all are the best critics in the business to help me sharpen my skills. Look at this video comparing the Mahindra Max 24 HST and the EMax 25 then let me know what you think please. Thanks!

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #2  
Who makes the eMax for Mahindra?

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #3  
I thought that the emax was smaller, however from your video it looks comparable in size. Only small differences are apparent like the seat on the emax sits a little lower than the max.

Thanks for posting the video.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #4  
Who makes the eMax for Mahindra?

Dunno, but TYM makes a bunch of the bigger ones for them. Maybe they are making this one too.

Of the 2 that were compared, I sure wouldn't want the Korean one.

Notice the puff of black smoke out of the Tier 4 engine?

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #5  
TYM makes the eMax. I believe they also made the 10 series, and they are making the new mForce 100HP tractor.

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25
Correct that the 10 series and Emax are both TYM sourced from Korea. I think the black puff was just some fuel letting you know its there and ready to feed the horses. Both engines are Tier IV. I should do a more in depth video to show the major technical differences, but as I am so rusty it might be good to wait on that. One thing I noticed after the video that had me surprised was the ground speed of the EMax was slightly faster than the Max 24. Both are 24 horsepower engines, same size tires, and same 2 range HST transmissions. Actually in Mahindra literature the Emax has a rating of 24 horsepower and the Max has 24.4 horsepower rating. Maybe it is the fact that the Emax and loader come in at a 209 lb lighter package so maybe that is the difference. What do y'all think?

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #7  
I think the final gear ratio is a little higher in the eMax than the Max. Spec wise they are pretty close, but the Max is built like a conventional 50HP farm tractor, just smaller. The eMax is built like a BX sub-compact with a ladder frame and rubber mounted engine. I think that makes the eMax lighter which is perhaps good for mowing and other chores. Neither design method is good or bad in itself and most manufacturers have tractors built both ways.

I prefer the Mitsu built Max with the conventional big tractor design, but obviously a ladder frame sub-cut works well since Kubota sells boatloads of BX's every year and folks are quite pleased with them.

MahindraDon, glad to see you back.

Thanks Dave,
Good clarity on those major differences in architecture. I was also going to mention that the Max is a compact and the EMax is a sub-compact but you know what can of worms that opens, LOL. Y'all have a good weekend!

/ Mahindra Max 24 HST vs Mahindra EMax 25 #9  
I knew it had been awhile since I'd seen any videos from you and wondered what happened. Are you still with Safeway?

I knew it had been awhile since I'd seen any videos from you and wondered what happened. Are you still with Safeway?

No sir, I am at Mahindra of Dunn, NC. About 75 miles north of Safeway. Very close to Raleigh and Fayetteville.