Is this typical Mahindra service?

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
Ordered a tractor on August 8th, on the 12th I added a second remote. They had to ship a backhoe to be installed, backhoe didn't arrive until the 21st. Without a bucket!!!! They tried to order the remote three different times and twice they sent the wrong parts. They are still waiting for a plate for the remote so the tractor is not finished. This doesn't bode well if I actually need to get the thing fixed in the future. Is this a dealer issue or a Manufacture issue?

Wedge

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #2  
I didn't have any issues when I bought my 3016 with FEL, BH in July. They were already on the tractor when I gave them my deposit. BUT I wanted a thumb and a second bucket, which they had to order. I gave them a deposit on Friday, and came back the following Tues to finalize and pick up the whole kit and kaboodle. The thumb was installed, the tractor was prepped and shiny and the extra bucket was waiting to be put in my truck.

Your problem could be with the dealer or the local/regional supplier or maybe the mfgr of the BH. Perhaps they're just backlogged.

I don't know where the remote would come from but it's possible it's the same for them.

I took my wheels/tires back to the dealer to get them 'loaded'. I was promised that if I dropped them off on Thurs, I could have them Friday. Friday I went back and they loaded them in my truck. I'm VERY happy with my dealer Westville Equipment in Taunton, MA.

I don't feel that you're getting a 'standard' treatment based on what I've seen posted here and on my own experience.

Be patient, you'll be happy with your machine in the end.

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #3  
Backhoe sales have been through the roof. We predicted a big increase in sales of backhoes, but we did not predict enough. So for a while now we have struggled to meet demand for backhoes. I know we have 10 arriving Friday or Monday, all are sold waiting to be picked up, and we will still be short about 5-6 to meet sales. In another couple of weeks there will be 10 or so more, but by then the dealers will have more sold and we will probably be short again. In June, if my memory serves me correctly, they shipped us 30 and by early July we were out again.

You might call this poor planning, but when you look at last year's numbers and figure a percentage of increase, you really do not expect double or more. Our USA supplier of the 3720 has ramped up production and we hope to get ahead of the curve soon.

It's a problem, perhaps a good problem in some ways, but still tricky when a guy needs a backhoe today. Sometimes we can do it, sometimes we are delayed a week or two.

In years past the distribution centers often had stacks of backhoes waiting on orders. Not the case now.

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #4  
Wonder what's causing the major uptick in backhoes all of a sudden?

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #6  
Wonder what's causing the major uptick in backhoes all of a sudden?

I'm not sure, other than we have had nearly two years of month over month sales records for tractors as well, not just backhoes. Perhaps people are feeling better about the economy and have forgotten 2008-2010 with all of the foreclosures and job losses.

A couple years ago Mahindra really started focusing on adding quality dealers and has added good product lines as well. I think they are seeing the results of both. When Mahindra took the number one spot in the world on 80HP and down tractors, it allowed for some pretty fantastic marketing opportunities. That propelled us to #3 in the USA. Admittedly, there is a large gap between #3 and #2, but each of these "wins' builds momentum for the brand.

/ Is this typical Mahindra service?
Dave how complicated is it to add a remote. This has taken at least four weeks to get the correct parts and install them?
AND they are still waiting on a plate?

Wedge

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #8  
Dave how complicated is it to add a remote. This has taken at least four weeks to get the correct parts and install them?

Wedge

I have supplied several rear remote diverter systems because of this. Some of the dealers have basically refused to add the second remote because of the difficulty. :eek:

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #9  
I'm not sure, other than we have had nearly two years of month over month sales records for tractors as well, not just backhoes. Perhaps people are feeling better about the economy and have forgotten 2008-2010 with all of the foreclosures and job losses.

A couple years ago Mahindra really started focusing on adding quality dealers and has added good product lines as well. I think they are seeing the results of both. When Mahindra took the number one spot in the world on 80HP and down tractors, it allowed for some pretty fantastic marketing opportunities. That propelled us to #3 in the USA. Admittedly, there is a large gap between #3 and #2, but each of these "wins' builds momentum for the brand.

I've even seen this on my end in the repair business. I grossed in the first 6 months of this year the same as I did the full year of 2012 and I'm still on pace to do double for the whole year and 40+% over last year. I'd like to think there is the capacity in this area to double again in the next year or two by adding another guy.

Brian

/ Is this typical Mahindra service? #10  

Wedge

Remind me what Mahindra model you have bought?