Comparison Which tires for the eMax 25

/ Which tires for the eMax 25 #1  

BigTee

Tractor
Mahindra eMax 25
I'm looking to buy an eMax 25 with MMM and FEL. First I thought that I wanted the turf tire over the industrial because I will be mowing a lot with the eMax. After looking at both of them at the dealer I'm leaning toward the industrial tires. I figured the turf tires would be better for the yard, especially if it was wet. They are pretty aggressive also and it looks like they may be even be worse on the yard.

Has anyone used either on an eMax in the yard? Did the industrials do OK on the lawn?

/ Which tires for the eMax 25 #2  
I have industrial R4's on my3016 and drive it on my lawn quite a bit. I've been doing a project on the other side of my yard and I have to drive over my lawn to get to the work area. Overthe past week or 2, I've driven over the same spot of lawn probably 75 times and other than flattening the grass, there is no damage to the lawn or ground at all.

I'm very glad I decided on the R4's.

/ Which tires for the eMax 25 #3  
If you run R4's over grass, try to remember to select 2wd, There's enough wind-up in 4x4 to possibly cause a bit of scuffing.

/ Which tires for the eMax 25 #4  
I have R-4s on my Max 22 TLB as long as the grass isn't wet and soft, I experience very little damage. Just keep the tight turns to a minimum.

/ Which tires for the eMax 25 #5  
I'm looking to buy an eMax 25 with MMM and FEL. First I thought that I wanted the turf tire over the industrial because I will be mowing a lot with the eMax. After looking at both of them at the dealer I'm leaning toward the industrial tires. I figured the turf tires would be better for the yard, especially if it was wet. They are pretty aggressive also and it looks like they may be even be worse on the yard.

Has anyone used either on an eMax in the yard? Did the industrials do OK on the lawn?

I know it doesn't snow much in Kentucky, but turfs can be better in the snow than R4's. All those spaces allow turfs to grip very well. If what i had to do dealt with a lot of going over grass and I wanted that bit of extra traction, I'd select turfs. if you're doing some digging in that wet ,red clay in Kentucky in the spring, turfs with chains will allow you to go anywhere you want. The R'4's would be no better in that application anyway. R'4's were made for loader work on hard surfaces. They do however make a tractor much more "chewy " looking and for some, that's important.

/ Which tires for the eMax 25 #6  
I have r4s on my Max25 and I have been happy with them overall.

I only had a traction issue once when pulling snow with my back blade. This was 8in of heavy stuff, being pulled up hill (7% grade). It did fine until a little snow piled up. Pulled up the blade and then attacked it downhill without issue. Added chains shortly after and found them to make matters worse....

Until TBN member arrow suggested me loosening the chains so they had more room to fall away from the tire. Game changer.

I drive over the grass portion of our property every single time I use my Max with little to no damage. As another member pointed out, tight turns with 4x4 engaged will cause the front wheels to dig.

-J

/ Which tires for the eMax 25
Thanks for the info. As it turned out I found a local dealer who only had one eMax left, it was a 25. He gave me best deal I had been offered with FEL and MMM so I purchased it. He is delivering it next week. And it did have the industrial tires, he also recommended mowing in 2WD and I should have no problems as long as it was dry. Can't wait to get it, but I'm afraid the madness has on begun. Already looking around for other attachments I will need.