Backhoe question

/ Backhoe question #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
As you guys know I got the 4530 Friday morning. I didn't get the 595backhoe but got a 75Bbackhoe. I ordered the 4530 because of the spec of the 595 and dont know the specs of 75B. If anyone knows these specs for the new backhoe I would appreciate learning them.

I ordered that tractor to use as a tractor and assumed that the 3-pt hitch linkage would still be there after they installed the backhoe. Am I suppose to see the 3-pt linkage or not. When I remove the backhoe and I'm going to have to reinstall the 3-pt linkage or should it already be there?

Last question, the pins used to hold the backhoe in place, are they suppose to be hammered in place or just dropped into place a put a cotter pin in so the dont "bounce" out. Mine looks like they took a sledge hammer and beat them down.

Wedge

Last edited:
   / Backhoe question #2  
According to the MahindraUSA site, a 4530 gets a 485 backhoe... not the 595. They are constantly changing the numbers [ like most manufactures ], so I don't know if 75B is the new model number of the 485 or not. Most tractors, like my 5035, you have to take off the lower 3pt arms when you put the hoe on. I think I could leave mine on, but they would be sticking down low below the hoe frame and just cause a lot of trouble catching on stuff. This take the hoe off, put the 3pt on... or visa versa is not that much of a big deal once you get used to it... Take you time the first few times and try to keep all your body parts in working order. The wedge pins that hold the hoe onto the tractor mounted subframe will self tighten with use. I knock mine down in place when I am putting the tractor on, and have to knock them back up when I try to take the hoe off...

/ Backhoe question #3  
I did some quick searching on this site and saw where a couple of the dealers were talking about the 485 being possibly renamed the 50 on the new Tier 4 tractors. So, MAYBE the 75 is the new number for the 595. The B in 75B probably means your tractor requires the B kit/subframe to fit that hoe to your tractor... But, just a wild guess. They change stuff so much year to year it makes your head swim. I was looking at New Holland tractors for years, and had a hard time keeping the numbers straight in my mind... [ what little of it that is left... ]

/ Backhoe question
Jerry If you download the specs it says the tractor takes a 595.

/ Backhoe question #5  
Jerry If you download the specs it says the tractor takes a 595.
SURE DOES... I was looking at the loader/backhoe page...
Attachments | Mahindra that shows the 485. I am GUESSING the new 50 series hoe is the old 485, and your 75 series is the new 595.. Hope one of the dealers chimes in
soon to help you.... :) I am betting MahindraUSA has a team of folks keeping the info on their web site up to date, but are drop'n the ball on this stuff.... Or maybe they just have a low paid person stuck in a corner who is overwhelmed. Their info was not too accurate even before the Tier4 stuff came thru, and they need to step up to the plate.

/ Backhoe question
Brandi?

/ Backhoe question #7  
I have a 4530 also and yes the 3 point hardware has to come off for the backhoe to be installed. If you're talking about the two travel pins being hammered in on backhoe, they shouldn't need to be hammered in. Sounds like somebody was being lazy,

/ Backhoe question
I have a 4530 also and yes the 3 point hardware has to come off for the backhoe to be installed. If you're talking about the two travel pins being hammered in on backhoe, they shouldn't need to be hammered in. Sounds like somebody was being lazy,
How long does it take you to remove your backhoe? Which BH do you have? 595?

Wedge

/ Backhoe question #9  
I have a woods BX90 mounted on a woods supplied subframe. It takes 5-10 minutes, gets easier with practice but I leave it off unless I need it as it makes working in the woods much tighter, plus I have other 3 point attachments I use more often.

/ Backhoe question #10  
How long does it take you to remove your backhoe? Which BH do you have? 595?

Wedge

Wedge,

I too have a 4530 with hoe. Got it in May.

I watched a video online on how the remove the backhoe. It only does takes about 10 or 15 minutes to remove it. We did have to remove the sub-frame to be able to mount the 3 point hitch stabilizers though. This took about 45 minutes.

Attached is a photo of my tractor/backhoe. Mine came with a 509. According to "Dave" on this forum, he said they have never installed a 595 on a 4530, only 509's. I just don't remember which thread I read it on.

This is the thread if you want to read it.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/311234-my-3550-tier-4-5035-a.html

IMG_1787.JPG