Used 2516 Price Check Please

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please #1  

arnoldziffel

Gold Member
Tractor
Branson 4225h, Mahindra 2516, several Toro Wheel Horse 522xi machines.
Hello,

Subject: Mahindra 2516, HST, with Mahindra FEL. No additional attachments.

- About 135 Hours

- R4 Tires

- Nice shape.

- $9500 firm selling price.

Your quick opinion on pricing please.

Thanks very much.

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please
Thanks for your thoughts.

I did notice that Two of the machines on Tractor House have backhoes and the third machine, (no backhoe), is new, unused and I'm guessing it shows the pre-negotiation "sticker price."

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please #4  
It sounds like a great price. I sold my 2004 2615HST FEL (an older model) earlier this year for $11K. Mine had 460 hrs.

I take it that the 2615 is essentially the same machine just older?

Also, is the differential lock a weak point of these tractors? I've read of a couple of failures and I wonder how a buyer can check to see if the differential lock is in good shape and working?

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please #6  
Don't think about it too long....buy it.

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please #7  
I take it that the 2615 is essentially the same machine just older?

Also, is the differential lock a weak point of these tractors? I've read of a couple of failures and I wonder how a buyer can check to see if the differential lock is in good shape and working?
No, the two models are not comparable, other than I believe they share the same engines and are both Mitsubishi built. The 2615 outweighs the 2516 by quite a bit, and it has a 3 range hydro, among other things. The loader capabilities are almost identical, though. As to the diff. lock, the main problems I've read about are due to operator error, i.e. engaging while turning and/or holding the pedal down after the diff. has engaged. Personally, I'd look for a good 2615, 2815, 3015, or 3215, reason being, I like having the 3 range hydro.

TractorData.com Mahindra 2516 tractor information
TractorData.com Mahindra 2615 tractor information

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please #8  
Yes, the 2615 is part of the 15 series tractor and is older than the 16 series. As I mentioned mine was an 04. Only problem with diff lock on my 2615 was I believe lack of use. The pedal stuck down one of the few times I used it. It took me a couple days and plenty of penetrating oil to free up the linkage where it goes into the transmission. The only weak point I see with the diff lock is if the pedal gets stuck down after it is depressed. When engaged that will put stress on the gears when trying to turn. If the diff lock is on and you make turns on a hard surface something could break. Just make sure the pedal operates freely and returns to the up position.

Our use will be 90% brush hogging a 6 acre, flat field about 4 times per year. (Prior to this we've hired-out this job)

We will rarely use the FEL as we have a Bobcat CT230 so equipped.

With this new information in mind, is the lack of a 3 range hydro a significant frustration?

If we stay on top of the brush hogging can the 2516 Mahindra cut in HIGH range?

/ Used 2516 Price Check Please #10  
Our use will be 90% brush hogging a 6 acre, flat field about 4 times per year. (Prior to this we've hired-out this job)

We will rarely use the FEL as we have a Bobcat CT230 so equipped.

With this new information in mind, is the lack of a 3 range hydro a significant frustration?

If we stay on top of the brush hogging can the 2516 Mahindra cut in HIGH range?

I can't answer that. With the 3 range hydro I mostly used Medium or low range. High speed was for traveling. I could never use
high range for any rear attachment use. The price is great but IMO I think you need to look for a 3 range hydro or a gear unit that has more options than just high or low.