freeze plug size?

/ freeze plug size? #1  

wedge40

Veteran Member
I have a 4530 and would like get a block heater. Anybody know what size I need.

/ freeze plug size?
You gonna send me $45. NAPA has them for S20.

/ freeze plug size? #4  
Mahindra has a threaded plug, just for the heater purpose, and I wouldn't go knocking out a freeze plug to install a freeze plug heater/

/ freeze plug size? #5  
What Galen is trying to say is that your Mahindra has a 3/4" NPT plug that you remove... to install a 3/4" heater in it's place. On my 5035, in the lower radiator hose, Mahindra has provided a big cast iron inline holder for installing the screw in heater. Your 4530 may have a similar setup, or you will find that 3/4" NPT plug somewhere else. If you don't want to buy a screw in heater from the Mahindra dealer, you can find them on Ebay or Amazon... Just make sure you do not buy one that is too deep for the hole it has to be screwed into. You can still go freeze plug if you want, just don't have to... I don't think my 5035 even has 'freeze plugs'... you know, the big holes the engine manufactures put in the side of the block so they can hold the sand form in place, then clean out the sand from the casting process.... press in some steel plugs.... and call them freeze plugs.

Last edited:
   / freeze plug size? #6  
I bought a Kat's 11619 3/4" NPT type screw in heater for my 5035. It's a 600W and looks to be about 2 1/4" deep when seated in the 3/4" pipe threads. Comes with the plug in cord. You can get these on Amazon for about $37... again, don't know if they are too long depth wise for your tractor...

Amazon.com: Kat's 11619 600 Watt 3/4" NPT Frost Plug Heater: Automotive

Attachments

• SAM_0023 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0023 (Large).JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 492
   / freeze plug size? #7  
Yup, no freeze plugs on my Mahindra. You probably don't have them either. My old John Deere 2240 doesn't have them either. They all have replaceable cylinder sleeves instead of the ' cast in block ' type. Those need the freeze plug holes to hold the sand form in place for the coolant passages around the cylinders... thus end up getting freeze plugs.

/ freeze plug size?
Jerry that's EXACTLY the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Wedge

/ freeze plug size? #9  
That's why we tractor by net .... :)

/ freeze plug size? #10  
Has anyone tried installing the "Kats 11619" or similar into a Mahindra 3016?