Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #1  

Scrambler82

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 28XL, HST, TLB
In havent found a lot of information for adding an OEM Hyd Top Link to my Max 28.

Anyone have any input on a unit for the Max 28, OEM or aftermarket ?

Where would it connect ?

thks

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #2  
Measure the range of motion of the mechanical top link, and then you can look for a hydraulic link that comes close. There are quite a few options online in the $175-250 range (can google hydraulic top link).

You will need rear remotes. Not sure if Mahindra has a factory kit, but your dealer will know. If not, you can do that aftermarket as well, though you will need to figure out where to tap into the power beyond loop in the hydraulics system, and where to connect a return line.

Basically, you need the top link, rear remote valve and plumbing, and hoses. All easy to source online.

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #3  
Sounds like you need a rear remote as well as the top link kit. The OEM rear remote is a nice clean installation, but costly, $800-$1000 if I remember correctly. So you might want to consider after market if you are comfortable doing a few things yourself.

Mahindra does not offer any hydraulic top or side links that I know of.

You need a 17 1/2" collapsed unit to match the OEM manual link, no one has that except me that I know of. There are some that are plenty close though, just need to decide what you really want-need. ;)

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability
Sounds like you need a rear remote as well as the top link kit. The OEM rear remote is a nice clean installation, but costly, $800-$1000 if I remember correctly. So you might want to consider after market if you are comfortable doing a few things yourself.

Mahindra does not offer any hydraulic top or side links that I know of.

You need a 17 1/2" collapsed unit to match the OEM manual link, no one has that except me that I know of. There are some that are plenty close though, just need to decide what you really want-need. ;)

Yes, you are correct, I need a complete kit, really thinking a top and side link setup.
I posted a question on your web contact page but if you want to answer here:

Do do you have a kit for a Top and Side Link Kit with Control Valves and Hoses for a Max 28 TLB ?
How much would this kit cost ?
Are there any additional parts to be considered ?

Thks

Added question:
If a Top Link Kit was installed now, is it possible to easily add a Side Link Kit later on ?

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #5  
There are a couple top links from AI Products that would be close, priced $190-205. Their TLH-02 might be the closest fit -- it will range from 15-20".

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #6  
There are a couple top links from AI Products that would be close, priced $190-205. Their TLH-02 might be the closest fit -- it will range from 15-20".

If he could be satisfied with never being able to tilt an implement back :eek: it would be fine, but not really what he would want to use with a box blade I would think.

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability
I am not much of a hydraulic wizz but I can turn wrenches and can follow instructions so I was hoping for a kit with all of the parts AND some easy to follow instruction sheets.

It probably isn't that easy to get a complete kit but I am hoping a member business on here, either having one for my tractor or... maybe a list of parts that I might buy, now that's another idea !

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #8  
If he could be satisfied with never being able to tilt an implement back :eek: it would be fine, but not really what he would want to use with a box blade I would think.

They have some with 8" stroke as well, which seems to be typical for that size tractor. Would need min/max measurements for the mechanical link to recommend the exact model hydraulic link. I know the one on my neighbor's Max is pretty stubby looking.

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #9  
My hydraulic top link from FIT-RITE [see Brian's links above] arrived today and it is a thing of beauty !!!
I will be using this on a deere 3046r/cab.

Thanks for the excellent craftsmanship Brian!

/ Hydraulic Top Link for Max 28 - availability #10  
My hydraulic top link from FIT-RITE [see Brian's links above] arrived today and it is a thing of beauty !!!
I will be using this on a deere 3046r/cab.

Thanks for the excellent craftsmanship Brian!

Thanks, I really need to get more pictures up so that people can see what the are getting or would be getting. ;)