Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #1  

peterc38

Platinum Member
I'm seriously considering moving up to a larger cab tractor, likely something in the 40 to 50 HP range. Right now the three brands I have been focusing on are Kioti, LS & Mahindra. I have owned 2 Kubotas now and they are great tractors, but I think in this tractor class with cab I can potentially get more value for my money with one of the aforementioned three brands.

Today I went to the local small Mahindra dealer. He only had 2 cab models, both were 2555's. He said he expects a 5010 in a couple weeks. It appears the 2555 is the tier 4 replacement for the 5010. The fit and finish on the 2555 was excellent, it has plenty of nice features and the specifications would more than meet my needs. The 5010 is quite a bit cheaper than the 2555, so I would prefer that from a pricing perspective and the fact that is tier 3.

I really am not up on the Mahindra models but from some initial reading, it appears this model is made by Tym. I really don't know much about this Tym/Mahindra arrangement or the track record of these models, like most tractors I've read some good and some bad. The price I got for the 5010 was almost identical to the price I got for the Kioti NX4510. I have not seen the Kioti in person yet and I don't have pricing for a similar model LS yet.

I also got pricing on a smaller Mahindra cab model, but have also not seen it in person because dealer did not have one on lot. This was the 1538 cab, which I believe is the tier 4 replacement for the 3616 cab. This was about the same price as the 5010, which seems like a lot more tractor for the money. Does Mahindra make the 1538 itself or sub it out to someone else? I don't know if the 1538 is a big enough jump up capability wise from my current Kubota (comfort of the cab aside). One advantage though would be I could probably keep some of my current implements whereas with a 45-50 HP tractor they would likely be undersized.

I'm not sure what Mahindra has for cab models in between the 1538 and 5010 size if any? We just set a record for coldest February ever in Maine and have had about 100" of snow in the last 30 days and I don't want to go another winter without a cab.

Anyway, I'd be interested in any feedback on above rambling, and info from anyone that owns any of the above models on their ownership experiences, thanks.

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #2  
As far as the tier 4 tractors are concerned, the Mahindra 2555 tractor is buildt by TYM in south Korea, and powered by a Mahindra MCRD diesel, and the Mahindra 1538 tractor is buildt by Mitsubishi in Japan, and powered by a Mahindra MCRD diesel. Do some research on the Mahindra MCRD diesel on mahindrausa.com, as it has a lot of advantages over the competition. Also, there are no Mahindra cab models between the 1538 and the 2555. Good luck with your shopping.

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc
Gee, the amount of responses to views ratio isn't working in my favor here.

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #4  
Most folks have not even seen the new Mahindra models yet.... :) Mine is a 2011, which is new to me...... If you have room to store it, and room to maneuver it... I am a bigger and heavier tractor is better guy... [[ :) ]]

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #5  
I bought a 5010 gear cab. I am very happy with my purchase. I clear snow with a 7 ft rollover blade on the 3ph and my loader bucket. I would like to purchase a 7ft snow pusher to swap with the bucket for winter. Now that I have it, I could never imagine life without it. I am glad that I bought the bigger tractor. I am sure i would have broken the 3016 or 3616 by now.

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #6  
I have "compared" all of the different models in the 40 to 50 hp range of cab tractors that you have listed above. For me it has come down to size and service (close proximity of dealer) Every tractor has their own strong or weak points. And some of them more glaring thank others. My final choice has been the NX4510HST Cab. It will be the first Hydrostat Tractor and hope it doesn't disappoint me having driven gear tractors for more than 30 years. It really comes down to YOUR CHOICE. Good luck and with input from this site I feel sure you will find comfort with the decision that you make.

I have "compared" all of the different models in the 40 to 50 hp range of cab tractors that you have listed above. For me it has come down to size and service (close proximity of dealer) Every tractor has their own strong or weak points. And some of them more glaring thank others. My final choice has been the NX4510HST Cab. It will be the first Hydrostat Tractor and hope it doesn't disappoint me having driven gear tractors for more than 30 years. It really comes down to YOUR CHOICE. Good luck and with input from this site I feel sure you will find comfort with the decision that you make.

Thanks for the feedback. I am also leaning towards the Kioti NX4510. In my original post, I stated the price of the Mahindra 5010 and NX4510 were almost identical but when I went back and looked at the quotes again the quote on NX4510 is about $2,500 less. I think my closest Mahindra dealers prices are high compared to what prices I have seen listed on this forum.

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #8  
Not sure how that dealer said there aren't any other cab tractors. I got the 4035. A couple months ago. Now the new tier 4 's are all that u can get. Its the 3540. Cab model. Smallest of the 3500 series I believe. 40 HP. 100% mahindra product. Good or bad I don't know. The new ones are cab or open station. Not sure of cost

Not sure how that dealer said there aren't any other cab tractors. I got the 4035. A couple months ago. Now the new tier 4 's are all that u can get. Its the 3540. Cab model. Smallest of the 3500 series I believe. 40 HP. 100% mahindra product. Good or bad I don't know. The new ones are cab or open station. Not sure of cost

I got a quote on a 3540 cab HST with loader today: $40,000.

Compare that to a quote I got on a Kioti NX4510 cab HST w/ loader: $32,500

/ Mahuindra cab tractor 2555 vs 5010 etc #10  
Remember, when you look for tractors... that you compare apples to apples. You will find that the 35 series tractor is actually a size/weight larger tractor than the Kioti, or other brand tractor with that HP. If you are going to be mowing or doing mostly PTO stuff, then the weight thing does not matter that much... but if you want to move stuff... go for the weight.. Check the ' build ' and heft of the tractor, too. Not saying that HP matters, but the 35 series are bigger animals than what you will find in Kioti, Kubota, etc. for that HP range... If you call the Kioti a 'compact utility', then you should be calling the 35 series just a 'utility' size tractor...... My non-cab'd 5035 HST is over 5400 pounds without the loader or hoe, and around 8500 with both ..... :)