Buying Advice Any opinions on 1533?

/ Any opinions on 1533? #1  

eflyersteve

Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I'm researching a first tractor purchase and was looking at LS L3038 and an XR4046. Then I stopped by the local Mahindra dealer and they were really pushing the 4540 which is a bit large for brush clearing around trees I think and it is at the upper end of my budget. I see they have the new 1533 model in a shuttle shift and it looks a lot like the old 3016/3616 but with a tad more HP and weight. Anyone have any experience or opinion with this model? I feel that the 1533 is about 90% of the LS XR4046 with the benefit of having the dealer close buy (on the way to work). 5ft implements will be plenty adequate for what I plan for it. Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

/ Any opinions on 1533?
Just drove one. Dealer said that they were the 3016 replacement but they do produce more hp I think - more like a 3616. Was happy with the layout and the new 4 cyl tier 4 engine was very smooth and quiet.

/ Any opinions on 1533? #3  
Not sure what your plans are for it, but it appears to be a really nice unit. :thumbsup:

/ Any opinions on 1533?
The plan started innocently enough - to rough cut a few acres of land, do some light box blade work, spread much, maintain a rural driveway, mow the ditches, etc. hope to maintain a wildlife feed plot a few months out of the year. Maintain a fence line (installing and pulling posts), some small auger work. We don't own a lot of land, just need something to help maintain it. Started looking a year ago at Kubota and now Mahindra and LS.

/ Any opinions on 1533? #5  
Sound like a smart shopper to me. Seems your choices are properly lining up with your needs. Kubotas generally weigh less and are better for mowing and moving items around and they're generally a quicker machine. Mahindras of the same class are generally heavier with a lower center of gravity, making them better for ground engaging work. LS is a typically somewhere in between. All three are great units, and all three have their points they excel at. You're doing the right thing in looking around with a task list in mind.

/ Any opinions on 1533?
Dealer quoted me a price of just at $24k out the door with FEL, box blade, cutter and 18ft trailer with brakes. Kind of hard to turn down considering about anything else prices out at $28k or more. I'll let yall know if I end up with it since info on the new model is pretty sparse.

/ Any opinions on 1533? #7  
Since you looked at an LS 3038 and XR4047 check out the XR3037 and XR4040. I think they'll also be in your price range.

/ Any opinions on 1533?
I did like the LS tractors, but I think we have decided to go with the 1533. If LS had a dealer and service center that was more convenient, I would likely be getting that XR4046. It sure looks like more tractor for the money. Comparing the specifications, the 1533 will be down on HP a little but not much on weight. I'll lose a good amount on the loader too. In the end, it comes down to the location of the dealers that has made me willing to give up some grunt for convenience and the dealer/customer relationship.

I so very much appreciate everyone's input and really did take it all to heart. I hope I've made the right decision and can eventually give back to this community after some experience.

/ Any opinions on 1533? #9  
Locally our only LS dealer picked them up as a side gig and sells them off his used car lot. Loved the tractors but was scared of the local "dealer network". He does seem to go through several though, I drive past about once a month and the lot seems to change often. Most he generally has in stock at a time is about 8 tractors, I don't think he carries much in parts, it is a small place but growing. If I wasn't so happy with my purchase and dealer and I were shopping again, he'd get a harder look.

/ Any opinions on 1533? #10  
Good luck with your new tractor Eflyer. Personally, I wish Mahindra would better organize their model numbers. They go all over the place. I didn't know what tractor you were talking about until I read further. What in tarnation was wrong to call their new 1533 a 3116 or something akin to what they used to call them?