Mahindra 4035 Price Check

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #1  

justinramani

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035
Hello,

I just came back from meeting with a local Mahindra dealer. He has offered to sell me his last new 4035 HST for $29,000 with a 6' standard duty rotary cutter, pallet forks, brush guard, loaded rear wheels, sales tax, delivery, 3.99% interest for 84 months. What do y'all think? I feel like I could get the new model 4530 for the same price. The 4530 has a few more HP and a better loader capacity, but is shuttle shift (I'm sure he could track down a HST for a few more dollars).

Am I getting a "good" deal? The dealer is local and is the only one who has told me that they don't charge customers anything extra to conduct on site repairs or to transport the tractor back to their location if the repair is more serious. I find that to be valuable because I do not have a truck/trailer large enough to transport a tractor of this size. It also just seems more convenient. They have only been selling Mahindra for about 8 months, but he told me that they signed a 5yr contract with Mahindra - not sure if thats true or not. He also told me that their contracts specifically allow early repayment of loans - I'm pretty sure that I read on TBN that Mahindra finance does not allow early repayment..... Im confused about that....

My only other option is to shell out a few more $$$ for a Kubota MX series. To me the loader capacity is one of the most important features. I will also be doing a lot of clearing overgrowth on our property. The Mahindra dealer feels confident that the Standard Duty 6' rotary cutter will fit the bill. He also said that the cutter has a 5yr warranty as well.

Any assistance or advise would be greatly appreciated....

I forgot to add that mahindra has an additional $1,000 in rebates. Price would be a hair over 28k out the door.

Thanks in advance -

Justin

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 4035 Price Check #2  
Okay, here's my info from this past Sept. If I remember correctly...

Tractor: 4035HST w loader, R4 loaded tires $27,000.00

Attachments: Land Pride Cutter RCR1872 w/slip clutch & fornt guard $2200
Land Pride Landscape rake w/guage wheels $1400

Insurance premium $1177

This was all before tax. I did the 0% for 84 months. I threw away all my notes from when I went tractor shopping and they had the exact numbers that the dealer quoted me. When I bought my tractor, Mahindra had just done a new price increase. I got my tractor at the old pricing.

I would stay away from the Mahindra attachments as they have major quality issues. Do the research for yourself and ask around and/or dealers.

Have you checked out Safeway Mahindra? I would give them a call... I talked to Max and he was very helpful.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #3  
My prices were too old to do you much good, I just wanted to point out the 4530 is not the new model of 4035. It is a model that was developed and sold prior to, as well as along-side the 4035.

The 35 series of premium compacts now have the model numbers reversed for the new tier4 stuff and instead of the 35 coming last, it now comes first. The replacement for the 4035 is the 3540; which with the new model numbering scheme, also gains a cabbed version...

Some of the Mahindra attachments are fine, others have quality control issues. It really isn't solely a Mahindra issue, you can go to tractor supply and other tractor or implement dealers and see the exact same quality control issues with implements of all varying brands. Anyplace you go to buy implements, you better be dealing with someone that will stand by their customer when dealing with the manufacturer on a problem, or you better do your own quality assurance check on the hardware before you leave the dealer's lot. Sometimes when it comes to some of the price breaks you get when purchasing implements with the tractor and financing it all as a lump, it is impossible to come up with a better solution. You just need to know what you are doing and check out each piece of hardware before it is loaded on the truck for delivery. Don't be afraid to take the covers off stuff and ask to have it turned up so you can look under whatever it is. They are there to help.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #4  
One other item to point out, as (somewhat) alluded to by the previous post; the new units (3540's) have the additional emission equipment. This adds additional (maybe not extreme) complication / sensitivity to the engine. As for the price ... seems pretty reasonable, as I bought the same unit (TLB) last year. Two cents only.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check
Ktoom - I have not looked at Safeway Mahindra yet. They have a very good website! It also looks like they have a remaining 5035HST. I think I will ask them what their best price on that unit is. I have heard that Mahindra attachments are not the greatest, but I will get $750 back for getting two.... it might be worth the risk since they have 5 year warranties......

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #6  
Here's some food for thought and something i forgot to mention. U can finance other brand attachments through Mahindra/Agri-credit. The only catch is that the interest rate goes up a .25% or so per attachment that you add to the loan. Im not sure if this rate goes up or down for certain brand of attachments.

When I bought my tractor, the dealer took my down payment and used some of it to buy one of the attachments. What this did was saved me from adding another attachment to the loan which would have made the interest rate go up to say .50%.

I was going to go with the Mahindra attachments as well. I started getting nervous when the dealers I was talking to said not to go with them for quality reasons. The Mahindra attachments are made by the same company that makes the attachments that tractor supply sells... Go read those reviews.

The biggest peace of advice i can give is to do your home work on the tractor and attachments.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #7  
The Mahindra attachments are made by the same company that makes the attachments that tractor supply sells...

If you look at the specs on most of Tractor Supplies implements "Specs" tab, you'll see they're manufactured by Tarter:
Brand - CountyLine
Vendor - Tarter Gate

Kodiak makes all Mahindra's implements.

Not saying one is any better or worse, just that your statement was inaccurate. I personally think on average from everything I've seen, the typical implements seen at most local dealers are all made about the same... I've seen plenty of trash implements and assembly issues on all brands. You can pay extra for one that has been gone over a little closer in the name of quality assurance so you never see the sorts of issues all the manufacturers seem to be plagued with, or you can save a buck and have the requirement to go over the unit you are purchasing before having it delivered and ensure the quality of build yourself.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #8  
If you look at the specs on most of Tractor Supplies implements "Specs" tab, you'll see they're manufactured by Tarter:
Brand - CountyLine
Vendor - Tarter Gate

Kodiak makes all Mahindra's implements.

Not saying one is any better or worse, just that your statement was inaccurate. I personally think on average from everything I've seen, the typical implements seen at most local dealers are all made about the same... I've seen plenty of trash implements and assembly issues on all brands. You can pay extra for one that has been gone over a little closer in the name of quality assurance so you never see the sorts of issues all the manufacturers seem to be plagued with, or you can save a buck and have the requirement to go over the unit you are purchasing before having it delivered and ensure the quality of build yourself.

My bad!!! Never really looked into. My dealer had said that statement, but maybe I just mis-construed what he was trying to say.... He was probably meaning to say that the Mahindra attachments quality was similar to what tractor supply sells. I have no experience with Mahindra attachments, so I can't really say much other than what I've seen and red. To me the writing is on the wall if my local dealers won't even stock Mahindra attachments..... but that my own opinion.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #9  
I looked at a Mahindra rear blade. It was a real heavy beast compared to TSC's offering......three times the money too.

/ Mahindra 4035 Price Check #10  
I got a 4035 before the first of the year but it was a pst. Hydro is more. Sounds high. But your dealer isn't stupid. He's gettng a premium for his last tier 4 interim motor. When I got mine I could of gotten a 3540 and they are bigger then the 4035. Now they have the same frame as the 50 hp model and same motor, just set at a lower threshold if I remember. Like you said, stronger loader, bigger tires I think. It would of been close to $5000 more for the new model. But you can get it with a cab. I looked at it last week.......