Comparison More red in the neieborhood

/ More red in the neieborhood #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
More Red in the neighborhood.

Now I have the tiny red one.

Farmer down the road had his new 5010 Gear Cab ML156 and 595 loader parked in his driveway, so I stopped by Dan's to check it out.

His cousin, 3 houses down bought a 410 open station about a mouth ago and put it to work in the woodlot.

For a real review see 2014 Mahindra 5010 Cab Gear Review

So he had to show it to me.

I have an L39, The 5010's cab made me red with envy.
Mahindra does a nice CAB on the 3 tractors that Iv'e sat in.

The M156 has near 200 LBS at the pins more lift capacity than the L39, and has some large hydraulic cylinders.
The TL1000 loader on an L39 is a bit more rugged being a non removable type.
The hydraulics are way smoother and finer than my Max28, but the 5010 has neither the hydraulic flow capacity, pressure, speed, nor fine multi function control of the L39s´ TL1000.
No self leveling on the ML156 is available.

But that's not fair comparing a commercial set-up to an Ag., especially considering about $8,000 more in cost for ORANGE.

The hoe is well made and Dan said it was nice and smooth, I did not try it. The 595 is almost as big as my 10' hoe on the L39.

The engine is nice and shifts good for a gear. 3 x 3.

Motor is quiet, with the needed 10 more HP than the L39.

With the 5010's larger tires loaded, it weighs the same as my tiny tired L39 with my wheel weights.

Did I say the cab is sweet!
TYM/Mahindra builds a nice tractor.

/ More red in the neieborhood #2  
What in the world would the neighborhood do if something green shows up. Will upset the balance of nature. lol

/ More red in the neieborhood #3  
What in the world would the neighborhood do if something green shows up. Will upset the balance of nature. lol

:D I've got 'real farmer' friends over at Pyengana [sheep/cattle meat graziers] who run nothing but red Case/IH/McCormick... 4th generation on the properties and there are old faded maintenance posters in his shed for Fiat tractors. All of his neighbours for km.s around are red.

This year I helped him (and his sons) with my green + bale spikes bring in the summers hay and he liked the way my rig kept up with the workload; fetching, then throwing the large rounds up onto the flatbed, etc... Got him thinking about different coloured tractors for his next one.

Whatever will the talk in the pub be if that happens!

/ More red in the neieborhood

JD is seen around here on utility tractors, the few compacts are like the old 790's but Deere has a tough sell for new compact tractores in this part of NH.

Some red Case/IH/McCormick and NH Blue, but mostly Kubota's