Mahindra eMax 22 Gear

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #1  

0xbeef

Tractor
none yet
I am considering buying a Mahindra eMax 22 Gear. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with manual transmissions on these tractors? It seems that most folks go with the hydrostat. TIA.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #2  
I am considering buying a Mahindra eMax 22 Gear. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with manual transmissions on these tractors? It seems that most folks go with the hydrostat. TIA.

Welcome ! I have a gear 2415 series Mahindra and have had no problems . Just remember as with most all geared tractors to change gears while not moving.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #3  
Is there any particular reason you are considering the gear over the hst?

If you're planning on using it as a mower, you might want to rethink.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #4  

What do you hope to accomplish with the tractor? The Emax gear has been very successful for its price point and simplicity, I saw that someone said you can only shift gears when you are not moving, that is correct on some, on the Emax gear it is a synchronized transmission you can shift at any point.
The HST is nice do not get me wrong, its all in what you like and what you are comfortable with. if you are mowing the HST will be nice if you have a lot of small areas you are mowing, if it is wide open the gear will be nice so you can set it and go. loader work will be easier with the HST, but I also like being able to have throttle control on the foot throttle as I go in to a pile of debris I am trying to move.
A lot of things to think about.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear
What do you hope to accomplish with the tractor? The Emax gear has been very successful for its price point and simplicity, I saw that someone said you can only shift gears when you are not moving, that is correct on some, on the Emax gear it is a synchronized transmission you can shift at any point.
The HST is nice do not get me wrong, its all in what you like and what you are comfortable with. if you are mowing the HST will be nice if you have a lot of small areas you are mowing, if it is wide open the gear will be nice so you can set it and go. loader work will be easier with the HST, but I also like being able to have throttle control on the foot throttle as I go in to a pile of debris I am trying to move.
A lot of things to think about.

The manual is cheaper and I don't mind shifting. I also believe that HSTs in general are less efficient and certainly harder to work on. Good to learn that it is synchronized. Thanks for the info. I will post if I take the plunge.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #6  
The manual is cheaper and I don't mind shifting. I also believe that HSTs in general are less efficient and certainly harder to work on. Good to learn that it is synchronized. Thanks for the info. I will post if I take the plunge.

Is it a shuttle like the Max26/28/ how many speeds?

Please see my Max28 shuttle review for what i said about gear.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #7  
I also believe that HSTs in general are less efficient and certainly harder to work on.

Less efficient fuel or power wise? Either way, you'll never notice any difference.

Harder to work on? They have way fewer moving parts, and very seldom fail. therefore much less need to have to work on them.

If they were inferior in any way, they wouldn't be in everything from lawn tractors to huge dozers and excavators.

A little more money, yes, but as a percentage of the whole sale, not much at all.

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear
Less efficient fuel or power wise? Either way, you'll never notice any difference.

Harder to work on? They have way fewer moving parts, and very seldom fail. therefore much less need to have to work on them.

If they were inferior in any way, they wouldn't be in everything from lawn tractors to huge dozers and excavators.

A little more money, yes, but as a percentage of the whole sale, not much at all.

Well, I took the plunge and got the manual. It does not have the separate fwd/rev lever, but it shifts quite smoothly between 2nd and reverse, and I think I can make do with that. It will be coming next week. Can't wait for my new toy, err, tool to arrive

/ Mahindra eMax 22 Gear #9  
May I ask what dealer in NC it was I bought mine from NC Safeway in burgras