Buying Advice Info on mahindra 2538

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #11  
I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to LA Confederate for his fantastic videos over on youtube showing some great features of the 2538 and even some loader work at just above idle. Very helpful in my search for a 35-40 HP unit. Check these out:

1) Loader use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwEmx00e0VA&list=LL7eqLd4oo_FpOQnjJHdjKtA&index=3
2) Under the hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhid1mohZQ&list=LL7eqLd4oo_FpOQnjJHdjKtA&index=2
3) PTO operation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIW9cMOkrvg&list=LL7eqLd4oo_FpOQnjJHdjKtA&index=1

:thumbsup:

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #12  
Also here is the promo video. I'm getting a little older, but this music makes me want to go buy the tractor right now for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-HHbsNZvDE&list=LL7eqLd4oo_FpOQnjJHdjKtA&index=4

Lastly - a quick comparison of the Mahindra 2538 and JD 3038E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB2uYkjLxEU

I think I'll see if the dealer can get a suspension seat from a 2540 on there, and have them retrofit a cruise control for transport. Anyone do that yet? Then package in some 6' implements and be off the races. I probably need to go do some research on best all around brush grapple setup too...

Anyone need a low hour, mint condition Max 25 with 4' cutter and 4' box blade in North Houston area? :) It was a beauty and beast on 2-5 acres, but I need more muscle now for 17 acres.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #14  
Earlier this week I took short drive into NW Houston and met one of Mahindra's Product Development Managers at their facility on Jackrabbit road. Really great guy who spent 20 minutes with me walking around both the 2538 and 1538 and showing me differences and benefits of each. These folks are first class and I didn't expect a corporate guy to take so much time with a customer. Although they were minor details, I discussed with him the cruise and also seat ideas I had, and he delivered solutions on the work arounds for both which were at a reasonable cost. The major item that pushed me to Mahindra is their branded engine which requires neither a particulate filter, nor engine fluid. The visit to corporate helped me check off the last box, and I pulled the trigger last night at J5 Tractors here in Conroe. Gene's a good guy and you should go see him if interested in a tractor.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and suggestions, as well as great resources and especially the videos by LA Confederate. Going to need to part with the trusty Max 25 now - may be on classifieds forum soon. Wish I had a bigger garage! Stay safe all.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #15  
Earlier this week I took short drive into NW Houston and met one of Mahindra's Product Development Managers at their facility on Jackrabbit road. Really great guy who spent 20 minutes with me walking around both the 2538 and 1538 and showing me differences and benefits of each. These folks are first class and I didn't expect a corporate guy to take so much time with a customer. Although they were minor details, I discussed with him the cruise and also seat ideas I had, and he delivered solutions on the work arounds for both which were at a reasonable cost. The major item that pushed me to Mahindra is their branded engine which requires neither a particulate filter, nor engine fluid. The visit to corporate helped me check off the last box, and I pulled the trigger last night at J5 Tractors here in Conroe. Gene's a good guy and you should go see him if interested in a tractor. Thanks again everyone for the advice and suggestions, as well as great resources and especially the videos by LA Confederate. Going to need to part with the trusty Max 25 now - may be on classifieds forum soon. Wish I had a bigger garage! Stay safe all.
I'd be very interested in hearing what their manager recommended for the seat and cruise control. Could you elaborate?

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #16  
Cruise control kit is: (p/n 12386210000) I have agreed a fee of $150 to get that purchased and installed while the tractor is in dealer prep this week. As for the seat, I do not have the part number, but they are getting a factory suspension seat for a 2540 and will do the swap this week as well. It's not cheap in and of itself with a quoted dealer cost of $700, but given that I had not pushed the tractor price down to bare bottom dollar yet, the dealer agreed to split the difference with me on the seat as we agreed final purchase terms.

Now another alternative if I had no purchase to work with could be this fancy aftermarket seat at $480 Tractorseats.com - KM ECONOMY 1004 UNI PRO SEAT & SUSP Alternatively they have a bare bones suspension seat here: Tractorseats.com - KM ECONOMY 250 UNI PRO UTILITY SEAT and another one here: Tractorseats.com - KM ECONOMY 255 UNI PRO UTILITY SEAT (You'll note that these two above look similar to the ones below...)

Cheaper options yet again here: Tractor Seat W/Slide & Suspension Blue

And lastly one from Tractor supply that looks very similar: Universal Tractor Seat with Adjustable Suspension, Black - For Life Out Here

Take care!

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #17  
LA Confederate - The seat works great! Also - that cruise control kit places an electrically actuated high power magnet next to the HST pedal arm under the right floor board. (Really well protected...) Once up to the speed/range you want, all you do is press a green button on the dash and it engages and holds it in place until you hit brake or touch button again. I like that better than the mechanical version on my Max where I have to keep my foot "resting" on the pedal as a safety feature. No need for that with this setup. Also - this tractor will in fact fit in side a 12' x 16' barn style garden shed. I had to make the doors 6' wide and ROPs needed to be lowered, but it can be done.

Grapple Hill smaller.jpg

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #18  
Just a couple more pictures for those considering a Mahindra 2538. So far so good.

Picking up at dealer
At J5 Conroe smaller.jpg

20' Medium duty trailer (10,000# capacity) - could raise rear mower wheel and move tractor back for better balance, but a half ton dodge with a weight distribution hitch hauls this just fine - total loaded weight with all implements, grapple, regular bucket, etc... is aprox 8,500 pounds
Trailer setup smaller.jpg

Unloaded
Unloading initially smaller.jpg

Moving box blade around
Unloading implements smaller.jpg

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #20  
Rvtec,

Have you received your backhoe? Any data sheet for it? Mahindra's site still doesn't have any specifics.