Buying Advice Info on mahindra 2538

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #1  

Rvtec

Tractor
Looking to buy
Hello, new here and getting ready to buy my first tractor. I went to look at the Mahindra 1533 which I am considering. The dealer has a Mahindra 2538 that he is steering me to. Seams to have all that I need, but I can't seem to find any info or reviews on this new model. Dealer did mention that the 1533 is built in Japan and the 2538 is built in South Korea. Any information or thoughts appreciated.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #2  
check all the specs at View All Tractors | Mahindra

you'll see that the 2500 series is slightly heavier, and has about 20% more lift capacity, has a Daedong engine... and costs a bit more. Daedong makes a very good engine.

The 1500 series is made by Mitsubishi in Japan. Which in my mind is a plus.

Pick the one you like. Either is a fine tractor.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #3  
At first, I thought you might have mixed up the 1538 with the 2540 and came up with a new model. Then I searched and darned if there isn't a model 2538! Color me stunned. More curious to me is why I can not find any reference to that model on Mahindra's own web site.

Old Pilgrim was right, of course, but now I am the one confused. Why would Mahindra come out with a new model in the 2500-series with 2 horsepower less than the 2540? Doesn't seem to make sense, from a marketing perspective.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #4  
The 2538 has been launched to only Texas and surrounding states for a couple of months. Just now launched to the rest of the country and Canada. It only is offered in HST and uses the same Mahindra built Mcrd tier 4 engine thats in the 1538 and 2540. Comes in at a nice price point with about the same capabilities as the 1538 but not quite as much as the 2540. It is going to compete very well with Kubotas L3901.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #5  
I'm near Houston.

Picked up a 2538 at J5 Tractor last month. Guy who delivered it said they're selling quite a few of them in the area and I had not seen any information on them at all online.

I believe these tractors are built by TYM in South Korea as the key has the TYM logo and I'm willing to bet they share a lot of the same parts as the TYM 354 or similar, just with the mCRD engine dropped on the chassis.

This is a no frills tractor as that's exactly what I needed for my land at the right price. They had the 15 series on the floor but for a couple grand more it wasn't worth it. Sure the steering mechanism is in front of the axle, sure there's no cupholder, sure the seatbelt doesn't retract, sure the 3PH doesn't have a lift height setting device, none of this was important enough to spend another few thousand on a different tractor. I believe all the 2538s are HST only (not sure, someone correct me if I'm wrong), so not for you Gear or Shuttle people. I'm not going to spend enough time on it to gain an appreciation for those perks and I don't plan on grinding through heavy growth and cutting lines and such underneath the chassis, I like my forest the way it is.

The weight of the tractor is what sold me at around 3000lb w/ a 900lb FEL. My biggest problem with getting a CUT was that the weights were all way too low for the HP these things put out. I don't like the idea of filled tires so I went with the heaviest machine I could get local to me and the 2538 was the one for me. I'm going to go and find a heavy box blade to throw on the rear end just to add a little ballast and some more weight, probably an Armstrong Ag medium duty from Normangee Tractor.

I'm going to look into a backhoe for it as I've got a comm tower foundation project coming up so we can get access to a WISP. Got the MD cutter and post hole digger with the tractor. Got a bunch of 1-2 inch saplings around the property and a slip clutch cutter is pretty much a necessity with all the hidden stumps. Going to putting in a couple thousand feet of fence in soon as well, hence the digger.

Put about 8 hours on it so far, 3 hours of that was cutting and the rest moving material at different RPMs and I've barely burned 1/4 tank of diesel. I haven't put enough time on it nor have I worked it hard enough to give any heavy duty users a decent impression. Can't give an impression on it with ground engaging equipment but I did smooth out some spots with the bucket and I was able to dig in the sandy soil pretty deep with the diff locked for a full bucket.

/ Info on mahindra 2538
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'm going to get the 2538 with backhoe and 3rd valve on the front. hope to have it for the weekend. Frist project, install cup holder��

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #7  
I just bought a 2538 a couple of weeks ago. I was looking heavily between the 1538 and 2540 and had settle on the 1538 shuttle. Dealer called me back and offered me the 2538 for the same price as the 1538 shuttle.

I'm very happy with mine. It's significantly bigger than the 15 series and has the dual hydro pedals which was a big selling point of the 25 series over the 15.

/ Info on mahindra 2538
It's great to hear your happy with your 2538. I'm picking mine up Saturday. My dealer quoted me higher pricing on the 1500 series. I did a lot of looking and believe that the 2538 is a lot tractor for the price, but only time will tell.

/ Info on mahindra 2538 #9  
Let me know if you get some specs on that backhoe.

Mahindra's website now shows the 2538 on there along with the loader and backhoe attachment but no specs on the backhoe. The link takes you to the tractor specs, not backhoe.

It seems they're not grouping it in with any other lines of its machines so that makes me think even more that it's a rebrand or the beginnings of a new economy line. The loader and backhoe only fit the 2538.

/ Info on mahindra 2538
My 2538 was delivered Saturday. Put 7 hours on it doing ground work, tractor did great. I do not have the back hoe yet, will be 2 to 3 weeks for it to come in. Once I have more info on it I will post it.