Used Mahindras

/ Used Mahindras #1  

Charlie175

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015 gear
Or lack of them. Never really noticed until recently, for as many CUTs that are being sold, why the lack of used Mahindra's? Dealer lots have no used tractors and many of them refuse to take them in on trade. They only want to push new. Online you don't see many used either, or I am looking in the wrong places.

Lots of used Kubotas though.

Or is Mahindra just not selling that many units

/ Used Mahindras #2  
or people like them enough that they don't want to sell them.

/ Used Mahindras #3  
I agree with Oldpilgrim, I would not trade mine in for anything other than another Mahindra and I own both brands. The mahindra has a edge in my mind with durabilty and ease of operation that the Kubota doesn't.

/ Used Mahindras #4  
or people like them enough that they don't want to sell them.

+1 I remember when I was looking for a used Kubota none to be found also at auctions, all presold. That was in the '80s. Just met an ex JD corporate employee the other day. (No longer w/JD) who told me
that JD was scared shitless by Mahindra. They wouldn't have been if the product was lacking, methinks.

/ Used Mahindras #5  
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any data on number of units sold in the last 15years by the different manufacturers in the USA? So Kubota vs Mahindra - - 100:1, 1000:1, 10,000:1?

What about just for last year? Someone on here recently said that there were 100 Kubota sold for every 1 Kioti. Don't know if that's true.

/ Used Mahindras #6  
I too noticed a lack of used tractors at the dealerships I visited. One dealer(Kubota) I spoke to mentioned they tried to buy some tractors at a auction and the bidding went high on them. I think the transition to tier 4 emissions has a lot to do with it. Until the technology is proven to the masses, used tractor values will likely remain high. The other factor is cost. As tractors have become more expensive, it affects the used market and sellers ask more for their machines.

/ Used Mahindras #7  
I think the transition to tier 4 emissions has a lot to do with it. Until the technology is proven to the masses, used tractor values will likely remain high. The other factor is cost. As tractors have become more expensive, it affects the used market and sellers ask more for their machines.
Tier 4 is a proven technology at this point. Its more expensive for sure.:confused3:

/ Used Mahindras #8  
Or lack of them. Never really noticed until recently, for as many CUTs that are being sold, why the lack of used Mahindra's? Dealer lots have no used tractors and many of them refuse to take them in on trade. They only want to push new. Online you don't see many used either, or I am looking in the wrong places.

Lots of used Kubotas though.

Or is Mahindra just not selling that many units

This is just my opinion and obviously I am biased. You see many late model Kubota tractors because people are disappointed with the DPF burnoff and DEF and all of the downtime associated with it. The book loves Kubota's but is unkind to Mahindra tractors when it comes to resale value so they end up being the best bang for the buck when used. I've sold used 4110's with HST and FEL and Backhoe for $14,995 with only 300 hours. Most Mahindra owners won't accept this kind of low value for such a good machine. Unfortunately the banks go by the book value so the market is kind of fixed. Mahindra owners stay satisfied with their machines for the most part so they keep em'. If you run up on a used Mahindra, it will be a great tractor at a much better price than most other machines on the market.

/ Used Mahindras #9  
Most of the issues I've seen with the Kubota IT4 and T4 engines is operator induced. Just can't get them to run the engine at full RPM so the passive regen does its thing.

/ Used Mahindras #10  
My dealer had 2 good looking used Mahindras and one decent used Ford TW-something when I bought my 3550. They had a lot full of new Mahindra and New Holland tractors. An AGCO dealer a few miles away had one totally worn out Ford 6700, a bunch of used implements of various manufacture, and about 10 new Massey Fergusons with sexy bright red paint that I'm sure will fade to pink in a few years. ;)