Mahindra made in the USA?

/ Mahindra made in the USA? #1  

Trillium Farm

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey 50
Just read that the mForce 85P is made in the US, this true? I thought they were all made in India.
Thanks to all who wish to cast a light on this.

/ Mahindra made in the USA? #2  
When John Deere, Kubota, Mahindra, etc... say made in U.S.A... it should read ' assembled in USA ' for a lot of it... My 5035 was manufactured in India, shipped to Chattanooga, TN on a metal pallet covered with plastic... [ they also assemble in Texas and Kalifornia ] There, it was taken off the pallet and assembled... with USA rim/tires, and a Michigan Seat seat. The loader was made in Kansas [ if I remember correctly ].. and the backhoe came from Paladin Industries... Bradco.... again USA, but can't remember.. This process is basically what a lot of the smaller tractors are produced... John Deere makes some of the bigger farm tractors here.. but just about everything has parts sourced worldwide. John Deere even has several tractors that are made in India. My 1981 60 some horse/51 PTOhp John Deere was made in Germany, with a J.D. motor made in a J.D. plant in France... So, no, the MForce is not made here.... sorry.....

/ Mahindra made in the USA?
Thanks Jerry, I wonder how Canada Customs will view it, as a made in the USA product can be imported duty free (NA trade agreement), but don't have a clue how they'd treat an assembled in the USA product or even id they'd know it was only assemble there. There is a big difference in price between yours and ours.

/ Mahindra made in the USA? #4  
I would think you could import it duty free... like everything FM/Ford/Dodge makes.... Still be a lot of Loonies, though..... eh...?? [[[ :) laughing WITH you !!! ]]]

/ Mahindra made in the USA? #5  
Here's the actual rule.
THE STANDARD FOR UNQUALIFIED MADE IN USA CLAIMS
What is the standard for a product to be called Made in USA without qualification?
For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions.

What does "all or virtually all" mean?
"All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.

What substantiation is required for a Made in USA claim?
When a manufacturer or marketer makes an unqualified claim that a product is Made in USA, it should have — and rely on — a "reasonable basis" to support the claim at the time it is made. This means a manufacturer or marketer needs competent and reliable evidence to back up the claim that its product is "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.

What factors does the Commission consider to determine whether a product is "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.?

The product’s final assembly or processing must take place in the U.S. The Commission then considers other factors, including how much of the product’s total manufacturing costs can be assigned to U.S. parts and processing, and how far removed any foreign content is from the finished product. In some instances, only a small portion of the total manufacturing costs are attributable to foreign processing, but that processing represents a significant amount of the product’s overall processing. The same could be true for some foreign parts. In these cases, the foreign content (processing or parts) is more than negligible, and, as a result, unqualified claims are inappropriate.

/ Mahindra made in the USA? #6  
Just read that the mForce 85P is made in the US, this true? I thought they were all made in India.
Thanks to all who wish to cast a light on this.
Basically Mahindra of India is a modern international corporation and they source stuff from all over to sell under their trademark.

I would think you could import it duty free... like everything FM/Ford/Dodge makes.... Still be a lot of Loonies, though..... eh...?? [[[ :) laughing WITH you !!! ]]]

Thanks Jerry, I see you live on the canadian side of the US eh! :laughing: Yes it would be lots o' loonies, but at times one's lucky on the 2nd hand market. I'm not loyal to any particular colour and only look for value in my purchases. Mahindra seems to fit right in there.

Thanks Garandman, after reading this I think a call to canada customs is a prudent step.

/ Mahindra made in the USA? #9  
Legally there is a big difference in "made" vs "assembled" claims, as Garandman has explained in part.

Often companies will say "assembled in the USA" and be legally correct, but it can still be a bit of a marketing misnomer in my book.